installation question

Topics: User Forum
May 19, 2007 at 2:15 AM
I have written rewrite rule which works in test mode so I uploaded the dll and the ini file (default names) to system32/inetsrv and set the filter in IIS for my website.

I only have remote control over my server (win 2003) so I am reluctant to stop IIS Admin as I might lose my remote connection. I figured that restarting the machine might do the same thing as stopping and starting IIS. After restart, the filter setting in IIS has a green up arrow indicating that it is running and priority set to low. It is the only filter.

However, the filter is not working. Is my installation wrong?

Mark Horrocks
May 19, 2007 at 8:24 AM
I figured out how to use this. The test driver would allow a fully qualified URL beginning with http but the dll will not.

However, this rewrite rule rewriterule ^/sport/(.)/(.)/(.*) /sdp/Sportdata.dll/reqLeagues?CID=$1&sportno=$2&stats=$3 translates the URL correctly and gets the right data from my ISAPI but the resulting page has URLs prepended with the pre filter URL, even the pictures are not found. Is there something wrong with my rewrite rule?

Mark Horrocks
May 19, 2007 at 9:01 AM
Afurther strange results is that if I use rewriterule ^/boo /sdp, I get a perfect result and in the address bar the filtered result URL is dispalyed, but when I use the pattern rule as in the post above, I get the result above and the URL in the address bar is unchanged, so maybe I just got the rule wrong? Help please!

Mark Horrocks
Coordinator
Jun 13, 2007 at 12:22 AM
Mark, sorry for the delay in responding.

can you post your rules, your input URLs, what you expect to get, and what you actually get?

please quote the post using double-braces (that way the codeplex forum system won't interpret the rules as markup).