RewriteRules and no logs

Topics: User Forum
Jun 27, 2007 at 5:22 PM
Edited Jun 27, 2007 at 5:25 PM
Here is what my ini file has in it, and it is located in the same folder as the dll file and has been added to one my sites as the instructions explain. Also it doesn't seem to have any effect on my php site running zencart and it is not logging anything either.

RewriteLog c:\temp\iirfLog.out
RewriteLogLevel 3

1. From Ultimate SEO URLs
RewriteRule .-p-(.)\.html(?:\?(.*))? index.php\?mainpage=productinfo&products_id=$1?2&$2: I,L
RewriteRule .-c-(.)\.html(?:\?(.*))? index.php\?main_page=index&cPath=$1?2&$2: I,L
RewriteRule .-m-(0-9+)\.html(?:\?(.))? index.php\?mainpage=index&manufacturersid=$1?2&$2: I,L
RewriteRule .-pi-(0-9+)\.html(?:\?(.))? index.php\?mainpage=popupimage&pID=$1?2&$2: I,L
RewriteRule .-pr-(0-9+)\.html(?:\?(.))? index.php\?mainpage=productreviews&products_id=$1?2&$2: I,L
RewriteRule .-pri-(0-9+)\.html(?:\?(.))? index.php\?mainpage=productreviewsinfo&productsid=$1?2&$2: I,L

1. For Open Operations Info Manager
RewriteRule .-i-(0-9+)\.html(?:\?(.))? index.php\?mainpage=infomanager&pages_id=$1?2&$2: I,L

1. For dreamscape's News & Articles Manager
RewriteRule news/?(?:\?(.*))? index.php\?main_page=news?1&$1: I,L
RewriteRule news/rss\.xml(?:\?(.*))? index.php\?mainpage=newsrss?1&$1: I,L
RewriteRule news/archive/?(?:\?(.*))? index.php\?mainpage=newsarchive?1&$1: I,L
RewriteRule news/(0-9{4})-(0-9{2})-(0-9{2})\.html(?:\?(.*))? index.php\?main_page=news&date=$1-$2-$3?4&$4: I,L
RewriteRule news/archive/(0-9{4})-(0-9{2})\.html(?:\?(.*))? index.php\?mainpage=newsarchive&date=$1-$2?3&$3: I,L
RewriteRule news/.-a-(0-9+)-comments\.html(?:\?(.))? /index.php?mainpage=newscomments&article_id=$1?2&$2: I,L
RewriteRule news/.-a-(0-9+)\.html(?:\?(.))? index.php\?mainpage=newsarticle&article_id=$1?2&$2: I,L

1. All other pages
  2. Don't rewrite real files or directories

#There is no way to convert these conditions in the current ISAPI_Rewrite version:

#RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f NC
#RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
#RewriteRule ^(.*).html /index.php?mainpage=$1&%{QUERYSTRING} L

#Only rule could be converted to:
RewriteRule (.)\.html(?:\?(.))? index.php\?main_page=$1?2&$2: I,L
Jun 27, 2007 at 5:49 PM
Here is the error I am getting from my event viewer

An error occurred while saving the metabase file. This can happen when the metabase XML file is in use by another program, or if the disk is full. Check for corresponding events in the event log for more details.
ErrorCode : 0x80070020

I have created a temp folder on C and I have given it all the relating permissions it should need.
Coordinator
Jun 29, 2007 at 6:05 PM
I'm not sure what the problem is, can you restate it more clearly please?
Sep 25, 2007 at 1:32 PM
I know this is an older topic, but I experienced the same problem: "IIS Config" error messages in my System Log reporting "An error occurred ... metabase ..."

The metabase is not in use, but by inetsrv itself (that's what Unlocker or WhoLockMe said). Also, the error message seems to correctly state the unability to save, as by restarting IIS, I lost some recent settings.

I had configured IsapiRewrite4.dll on several sites. When disabling it on those sites and restarting IIS, the recent settings did persist. So it looks like IsapiRewrite is not playing really nicely with IIS.

I have 2 more remarks on this problem:
1. When I reported the System Log error to my hosting company, they immediately asked whether I was running a url rewriter. So apparantly, it's a known issue of this kind of software.
2. I'm now trying Isapi_Rewrite3 from Helicon, and it throws exaclty the same issue at me. So I'm about to signal the problem there too.