still can't get isapi rewrite filter to load in IIS!

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Nov 9, 2007 at 1:49 AM
hello.. i'm running out of ideas here... i've read through some of the articles here and tried them all but still having problems loading the isapi rewrite filter in IIS.

background, i installed isapi rewrite 1.2.11b on a windows 2003 server using IIS.

isapi rewrite was installed in c:\program files\ionicisapirewrite-1.2.12c directory
temp directory for log files is c:\temp

i gave "everyone" and "iwam_servername" full control to those two directories.

in IIS, in the website properties under the ISAPI Filters tab, i added the rewrite dll. but status has a red down arrow and it says not loaded. priority is unknown
also in IIS, under web service extensions, all unknown ISAPI extensions is prohibited (i also changed this to allow to without success), and i added the rewrite dll and said allowed.

in my application event log, i have two error entries:
event id 2268 source: W3SVC-WP could not load all ISAPI filters for site/service. therefore startup aborted.
event id 2214 source: W3SVC-WP the http filter dll c:\program files\ionicisapirewrite-1.2.12c\isapirewrite4.dll failed to load. the data is the code

what am i doing wrong? spent a whole day working on this and the thing will not load! please help!
Jan 16, 2008 at 12:15 PM
I've encountered the exact same problem, and also run out of ideas / suggestions.

Islandsnow... did you ever resolve this?

Cheers,

Tom
Jan 16, 2008 at 1:17 PM
Sorry... figured it out... no need to respond. Thanks!
Feb 9, 2008 at 7:45 PM
hello....I've encountered the same problem and the dll is failed to load. I already followed the readme instruction and granted the rights for the IISWPG and IUSER to access the file. The web service extension is also added with the IIRF.

The server I am using is x64 system. I go through this whole discussion group and see people encountered the same problem in x64 system. But I didn't see any replies that solve the problem. Can anybody please help me to solve this problem?

Thank you very much.

Daniel