problem writing .ini file dynamically

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Nov 9, 2007 at 3:31 PM
Hello. We're using this on a site where the customer can edit "topics" related to an area. This means that if the customer adds, edits or deletes a topic, I have to re-write the .ini file to account for the change. I have it working fine, but if I attempt to access a re-written URL immediately after the .ini rewrite, it doesn't work. If I wait a little while it seems to work, or if I manually open the .ini file and save it, then it will work. Could this be a caching issue (maybe the .dll is caching)? And if so, is there a way to programmatically 'pop' the .dll to recognize that the .ini file has changed? I'd appreciate any feedback.

Thank you.

Nov 21, 2007 at 10:10 AM
There is no way to explicitly pulse the filter to tell it to re-read the ini file.
if you touch the ini file, that should be sufficient.

It sounds like the problem you are having is a race condition between your change and the notification and action in the filter.
the filter logic handlign file changes seems to be broken and ought to handle your condition gracefully.

If I had a repro case I could fix this.
Nov 21, 2007 at 10:11 AM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.