I need some advice about basic rewriting code. Help pls!

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Dec 1, 2007 at 10:16 PM
Hello to everyone! After my questioning about mod_rewrite for my site, my hosting provider decided to implement this. They came across Ionic Isapi Filter but they seem not to be skillfull about it.

After enabling direct access to the config (.ini) file of the filter to me, i was advised to seek for help here since they just don't know how to do it. What i need follows right below.

I need my current links, that look like this: /show.php?cat=something&type=sometype&city=somecity&letter=P convert to something like this:

/show(.php)/something/sometype/somecity/P(.html)/

It really doesn't matter the exact look of the link - i need some starting point here. All they (my hosting provider) HAD managed to do is to provide me with some code that they got out of some test version of their Joomla site but they think it is not appropriate for my site. I tried to add it to .ini file but it does absolutely nothing for my site.

The code is:

RewriteCond %{URL} ^(/component/option,com) NC,OR ##optional - see notes##
RewriteCond %{URL} (/|\.htm|\.php|\.html|/^.*)$ NC
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule /tesla/(.) /tesla/index.php L,U (i changed this line to /(.) /index.php because i need this to work for the root of my site)

So, since they insist on my coming here and asking for advice, here i am. I hope someone will be kind enough and help me. If nothing else, it will be highly appreciated!

Denis K.
Coordinator
Jan 8, 2008 at 12:53 PM
check the README and the examples in the download.