isapi priority?

Topics: User Forum
Oct 17, 2006 at 8:25 PM
I'd like to use the filter in front of another isapi filter that has a "high" priority in IIS 6. Any way to change the priority of IIRF to "high"?

TIA,

B.J.
Coordinator
Oct 17, 2006 at 8:34 PM
no, you cannot set the priority of the IIRF ISAPI in a config file. You could do this if you made a slight change in the .c source code and then re-compiled. Just change SFNOTIFYORDERDEFAULT to SFNOTIFYORDERHIGH, and then re-compile.

I had considered making this settable in the ini file, but no one had ever asked for it before.

-Dino

Oct 18, 2006 at 2:16 PM
Thanks. I appreciate the tool!

For future compiles, why wouldn't you consider high by default? If you wanted to rewrite a url, wouldn't it be the first thing you'd want to do in most cases?

Thanks again for the tool.

B.J.
Coordinator
Oct 27, 2006 at 12:24 AM
I considered "DEFAULT" by default. (I had no good reason to prefer HIGH, so I selected the default. ) For future compiles I don't think it would be good to change it to HIGH by default, though I think including a new directive to set it would be good.

In fact, before finishing this response, I just implemented that new directive, which allows you to set the ISAPI filter priority of IIRF in the ini file. That will be supported in the next version of IIRF, v1.2.11.

-Cheeso

Nov 15, 2006 at 9:47 AM
I could really use this feature. I have tried recompiling it myself, I could get a dll built but the dll fails to load (where the pre-built dll loads succesfully).
Feb 22, 2007 at 7:14 PM
YES, please implement this! I want iirf to run before php so that scripts can see changes made by iirf.

In fact, I noticed that iirf is set to "Low" priority when defined at the per site level. Is that what "Default" defaults to?

Seems that php is set to "Unknown" when defined at the global level, which evidently just so happens run after iirf so I assume that Unknown has a lower priority than Low. But if php were to be defined as Medium or Low at the global level, it would get priority over iirf (if I properly understand the ISAPI priorities).

Additionally, note that ISAPI_Rewrite also has a priority of "High".

Marco
Coordinator
Feb 24, 2007 at 1:20 AM
I've just posted IIRF V1.2.11b, which includes the feature to set the Filter priority. Visit the releases tab on Codeplex.com to download it.
Jun 15, 2007 at 5:51 PM

Cheeso wrote:
I've just posted IIRF V1.2.11b, which includes the feature to set the Filter priority. Visit the releases tab on Codeplex.com to download it.

I've tried a million different things in the IsapiRewrite4.ini, but I can't figure it out (I have v. 1.2.12b). What am I supposed to put in the .ini file to change the priority?

Thanks!
--
Nathan
Jun 15, 2007 at 6:08 PM

I've tried a million different things in the IsapiRewrite4.ini, but I can't figure it out (I have v. 1.2.12b). What am I supposed to put in the .ini file to change the priority?

I found it:

RewriteFilterPriority HIGH
Coordinator
Jun 16, 2007 at 3:18 AM
This is in the README
Dec 1, 2007 at 2:29 AM
It is not working for me, Even though I set the priority exactly as mentioned here in my .ini file, it dosn't pick it up and shows priority as Unknown. If I don't addd RewriteFilterPriority directive, it shows priority as low. I have another filter whose priority is High, so IIRF nevers gets executed.

pls help

Thanks,
Dec 1, 2007 at 2:32 AM
It is resolved now. Even though it showed "Unknown" property initially, when I click Apply and then went back into Filters dailog box, the priority was changed to High.

Thanks for the great tool.