Problem saving XML files on site with ISAPI ReWrite

Topics: User Forum
Oct 20, 2006 at 12:59 PM
Hi I have installed this software on a Win2003 Webserver SP1. Set it up for a specific website and created a simple rewrite rule for a specific host.

RewriteLog d:\logs\iirfLog.out
RewriteLogLevel 2
MaxMatchCount 10
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^www.farmplastics.ie$
RewriteRule ^/$ /default.asp?com=farmplastics I,L

Site works fine but the XML files that the server application opens and saves back generate an error.

Error Saving XML File: -2146828218, Permission denied, 'D:\inetpub\wwwroot\connected\farmplastics\db\sessions.xml' 0

Don't know what the '0' at the end is.

If I switch off the filter then there are no permission errors.

Any help would be most welcome.
Oct 24, 2006 at 9:29 AM
Anybody got any thoughts on this? Cheeso? Do I need to provide more information?

Help would be much appreciated.

Sean.
Coordinator
Oct 27, 2006 at 12:34 AM
Hey Sean,

I don;t really understand your situation. What XML files are we talking about here? I don;'t recall any XML files that IIRF uses, but maybe I am missing something here.

Is the problem that...
-you tickle a link on the browser
-IIRF rewrites the URL
-some server-side app (which?) handles the request
-then... there is something on the resulting html page, maybe a link to an XML file
- the user on the browser right clicks the link and says "save as"
-then... you get the error

is that what is happening?

-Cheeso

Coordinator
Oct 27, 2006 at 12:36 AM
it might also be really helpful to see the URLs in question,
what URL is the browser trying to save as an XML file.
and is that URL being rewritten?

Oct 27, 2006 at 11:41 AM
Hi Cheeso,

The XML file in question is being loaded Server side by an ASP page and parsed by MSXML 4. It uses local paths to load and save the XML data file. The user has no contact with the XML file whatsoever..so it is very odd that ISAPI ReWrite would effect the file at all. Even thought the file is local it may be requested through IIS and this would bring ISAPI into play... I tracked down where the error was manifesting itself and for the moment I have put in a handler so it is not bothering me so much now...It would seem that it would take quite a while to find a solution so more economical to handle and then forget about it. Thanks,

Sean.
Coordinator
Oct 27, 2006 at 6:53 PM
Hey Sean,

hmm, ok, well then...
I'm glad you have it sort of handled. If there is anything else, let me know!

-Cheeso