Global Rules?

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Mar 11, 2010 at 4:46 AM

Any way to do global rules in RELEASE?

Tried IirfGlobal.ini (after iis restart) & IIRF.ini in .dll directory; both no worky.

I use per site configs but also have alot of global regexes for host matching, so global is easier for that.

Mar 11, 2010 at 11:18 PM

there's no way to set up global rules.  It's an interesting idea.  But today, there's no possibility to do what you're imagining.

You can include configuration files into the per-site ini files, which might be good enough for you.   It looks like this;

IncludeIni ..\commonIirf.ini

You can specify an absolute or relative path.  Check the documentation for more details.

Mar 12, 2010 at 10:40 AM

ok thanks for replying, thats a shame becuase I found global rules in version 1 quite useful.

No worries I have split up all the rewrites into per-site rules now and I do agree it's more organised that way.

Thanks for your help and IIRF it's a great ISAPI Filter!

Apr 19, 2010 at 9:44 PM
Edited Apr 19, 2010 at 10:19 PM

I have similar problem. Having recently looked at upgrading from an old 1.x, installation I have found now that I have to copy the ini file into every sub-application, whereas I used to just have one file that managed everything. Is there any way to revert back to 1.x behaviour...or am I missing something?

Apr 19, 2010 at 10:41 PM
Edited Apr 19, 2010 at 10:41 PM
cheeso wrote:

there is no way to set up global rules

In 1.x we just had the one file that worked for every app and sub-app. Wasn't that globals rules?

Having recently looked at upgrading from an old 1.x, installation, the only way I have found is to have to copy the ini file (or do a IniInclude) into every sub-application, vdir.

Is there no way to revert or simulate 1.x behaviour?

(Sorry - duplicate post)

Apr 20, 2010 at 1:51 AM

There is no way to "Revert"  IIRF v2.x  to  IIRF v1.x behavior.

There's a page in the documentation that talks about migration from v1.x to v2.x.

Including a common ini file is probably the closest to what you want.  That feature was designed for that purpose.