64 bit version

Topics: Developer Forum
Mar 15, 2010 at 6:09 PM

Is there any help, resources, testing, or whatever that I can give in order to get a copy of the Ionic ISAPI on 64 bit windows? I don't want to run IIS in 32 bit mode (it's a shared server) and I really (really, really) don't want to move to a different rewriter.

Thanks

Coordinator
Mar 15, 2010 at 8:14 PM

Ah,... 64 bit.

The main issue is, I don't have a 64-bit machine to build or test on!  If you can give me a 64-bit machine with Windows Server 2008 on it, then I'd be happy to build it. Failing that, if you'd like to donate $500 to me, I will buy my own 64-bit dev machine, and I'll produce the build for you.  There are 22 upvotes for the workitem proposing to produce a 64-bit build, and I've solicited donations to fund this work in the past, but so far no one has contributed to make it possible.  Maybe you will contribute $100, and get 4 other people to do likewise.  If you can get enough interest to hit the $500 mark, I think I can go forward.   (If you think about it, $500 is really not that much money.  But I guess people want their software for free. )

You are welcome to build it yourself.

I am happy to let someone own 64-bit builds.  If anyone would like to volunteer to take on the responsibility of building and testing 64-bit builds of IIRF, please contact me.

Mar 16, 2010 at 8:56 AM
I have access to a Win2003 64 bit machine and can give you remote access to it immediately. I can also ask around to see if I can get some dev space on a Win2008 64 bit box if the Win2003 isn't good enough. If worse comes to worse, I'll do a donation drive in the ColdFusion community to get you the money you need to get a 64 bit dev machine. I've been pushing Ionic to the CF community and now that I'm updating to CF 9 on 64bit, I'm at a roadblock.
Coordinator
Mar 16, 2010 at 8:57 PM

I'm willing to work on the Win2003 box, if you can grant access. I'd need a TS login, and I'd need admin privileges.  It will need to have the VC++ compiler on it, though not necessarily Visual Studio.  WS2008 would also be helpful.

It would be easiest on me if I had physical access to the machine,but I think I could do what's necessary with remote access.

Mar 19, 2010 at 1:50 AM
If you can contact me directly, I have a remote server for you to use.
Apr 13, 2010 at 10:30 PM

Just a follow up. I have a remote 64 bit server you can use. Please contact me off forums.

Thanks

Apr 14, 2010 at 12:36 AM
Cheeso wrote:There are 22 upvotes for the workitem proposing to produce a 64-bit build, and I've solicited donations to fund this work in the past, but so far no one has contributed to make it possible.  Maybe you will contribute $100, and get 4 other people to do likewise.  If you can get enough interest to hit the $500 mark, I think I can go forward.   (If you think about it, $500 is really not that much money.  But I guess people want their software for free. )

There., now you can no longer say that ;-).  Besides, it's easily worth it, it's a good product, and you've been supporting it well.

Coordinator
Apr 14, 2010 at 7:23 PM

Thanks For the reminder, Randy!

Also thanks for participating in the forums.  Very helpful.

Apr 21, 2010 at 5:01 PM

We are also interesting in a 64-bit native IIRF 2.x release if/when available.  Are you now able to access a 64-bit instance and tools?  We also could provide these if you are still unsupported that way.  I'm at malcolm_AT_ripple6.com 

Thanks all your efforts with this project - we are very happy users over the years.

Coordinator
Apr 21, 2010 at 10:47 PM

In theory I have access to a 64-bit server.  It's been offered. In practice, I haven't accepted the offer.  It would be a big additional commitment on my part.

Oct 18, 2011 at 3:52 AM

I've tested on 64-Bit Windows OS , both IIRF2.1.2 x86 and x64 versions are working well,,just for your informatin,URL: http://iirf.codeplex.com/discussions/276031  ,hope this will be helpful to you,and good luck to you.