Module Not Loading

Mar 30, 2010 at 8:51 PM
Edited Mar 30, 2010 at 9:23 PM

When I restart IIS after configuring a site to use IIRF I get this error repeatedly in the event viewer:

Event ID: 2268

Source: W3SVC-WP

Description: Could not load all ISAPI filters for site/service. Therefore startup aborted.

Data (Bytes): 0000: 05 00 00 00

In the site ISAPI Modules tab on the site I've configured it on lists it as not loaded and there are no logs in the folder referenced in my IirfGlobal.ini file.

I checked the permissions on the DLL and the INI before restarting and they are correct.  Any clue why this might be happening?

Coordinator
Mar 30, 2010 at 9:44 PM

> any clue?

Yes, I think you're wrong about the permissions. It's a permissions problem.

From the page in the documentation on Verifying the installation, I give you THIS:

Data 05 00 00 00
meaning: Access is denied.
On Windows Server 2003, verify that the IIS_WPG group has Read and Execute permissions on the IIRF dll and on the directory that contains the DLL. On Windows XP, verify that IUSR_machineName has permissions. On Vista and Windows Server 2008, verify that IUSR has permissions.

Mar 31, 2010 at 3:49 PM

Ok, thanks.  It was a permissions problem.  It's on Server 2003, and I added the IIS_WPG group to it, but for whatever reason the effective permissions for the NETWORK SERVICE user were still at nothing.