IIRF.ini and Wordpress Permalinks

Jun 1, 2010 at 4:47 PM

I've been reading through several discussions on setting up IIRF to enable WordPress Permalinks, but still hadn't found a comprehensive solution.  Wanted to confirm if the following would work and if there would be anything else needed.

Thanks,

Paul

modify wp-settings.php (not in index.php)

$_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'] = $_SERVER['HTTP_X_ORIGINAL_URL'];

The right place in wp-settings.php is in the next line, right after the opening tag <?php at the head of the script.

Use the following IIRF.ini (sample provided by my hosting provider, but not warranted of course)

# MaxMatchCount
#
# Specifies the maximum number of sub-expression matches to
# capture for a single pattern. This specifies the size of the
# array in the C module.  If you have a pattern with more than
# the default number of matches, set this number.
#
# The default is 10.

MaxMatchCount 10

#
# /content/blogcategory/0/33/
#
# should translate to
#
# /index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=0&Itemid=33

#RewriteRule ^/([^/]+)/([^/]+)/([^/]+)/([^/]+)/$  /index.php?option=com_$1&task=$2&id=$3&item=$4
RewriteRule ^/sitemap.xml$   - [L]
RewriteRule ^/(?!index.php)(?!wp-)(.*)$ /index.php/$1

Coordinator
Jun 1, 2010 at 5:23 PM
Edited Jun 1, 2010 at 5:26 PM

I can't tell you.  Four weeks ago, there was someone posting on the forums who promised to post his results and final recommendations for using IIRF with WordPress.  In turn, I committed to putting that into the IIRF help file.  But I don't recall getting the final recommendations writeup!

Search back in the forums; one of the recent wordpress discussions will have comments to that effect.  If you reply to that discussion thread, your reply will get CC'd to the original poster.  He may reply directly to you with some concrete advice.

I'm still ready to put some kind of "how to configure IIRF for Wordpress" information into the helpfile, if I can get a consensus on the right information from Wordpress users.

ps: this is the thread.  http://iirf.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=208241 
On April 29th, I said I'd put the right information into the IIRF doc.  I don't think I got a formal "here it is" response.

Jun 1, 2010 at 5:58 PM

Cheeso,  thanks - I replied to that thread. 

once we get a final solution, I think it would also be helpful to put the rewrite rules in the Documentation under the example INI files.

Paul

Coordinator
Jun 1, 2010 at 6:29 PM

Yes, that's where we figured it should go.  Maybe there should be a couple versions of Wordpress ini files.  I can do that, too, no problem.

Jun 2, 2010 at 4:13 PM

Arrgh, life has it's distractions.  Let me see what I can do this afternoon.  I did respond to his question in the other discussion.

Jun 4, 2010 at 3:14 AM
Definitely could use this. I've tried the latest version of code, with this ini file, and a couple of other ini files. I tried my own rewrites, and I'm still having some issues. I think I got it back to working, but I'm not sure if it is optimal.