I have 6 iis 6.0 servers behind a load balancer and I am hoping to utilize a centralized .dll location for all 6 of the servers.
Would anyone be able to point me to documentation or an existing discussion that covers this?
This is what I have tried thus far.
1) Created a custom account for an application pool(AP). Added this account to the local IIS_WPG group on the IIS server.
2) Gave the AP account permissions to the network share.
3) Created an application pool running with the AP account identity.
4) Configured the web site's application pool(s) to the above pool.
5) Change credentials used to connect a web application's home directory to a network share to the AP account credentials.
I then configured the isapi filter to point to \\share\iirf\iirf.dll.
I verified that Network Service has read and execute permissions on iirf.dll and iirfglobal.ini and the directory containing these files.
After restarting IIS I am getting the red down arrow. Nothing is showing up in the event viewer application log.
thanks in advance for your suggestions