IIRF in IIS 7.5 NLB - Windows Server 2008 R2 x64

Topics: User Forum
Jul 14, 2010 at 10:02 PM
Edited Jul 14, 2010 at 10:22 PM

As stated by the title, my current environment is a Network Load Balanaced cluster (NLB) composed of four [4] Windows Server 2008 R2 x64 Servers running IIS 7.5. These servers are in a segregated local domain for file access reasons. The files for all websites are accessed via UNC path (required for NLB to work) as is the IIS configuration file.

The website folders, IIS shared configuration, and IIRF files are on a shared server location, referenced in this document as WebFiles (UNC path \\WebFiles). This server contains a single share, referenced as root (UNC path \\WebFiles\root).

Each server has a mapped (network) drive D: pointing to the root share where the websites are located, but all configurations are made using the full UNC path (i.e. \\WebFiles\root\sites\website1) rather that the local drive reference (i.e. D:\sites\website1). Application pools are run under a domain account and using 32-bit mode to accomodate some older applications that we still run. The websites run great, but the IIRF redirects are not working. For those of you familiar with batch files or VBScript, the command to create the mapped D: drive is as follows:
net use d: \\WebFiles\root
objNetwork.MapNetworkDrive "d:", "\\WebFiles\root"

The ini files are located and referenced by their UNC path in the root share (i.e. \\WebFiles\root\iirf\bin\iirf.dll) I have scoured the forums and "googled" for several hours trying to find a solution for this issue. I have also read and re-read the documentation; nothing seems to be working. I have tried referencing the IIRF files using the network drive D: and also by copying the files to each server and referencing them locally. I am unable to produce a log file even though my settings in the iirf.ini file appear correct. Any thoughts, ideas, pointers would be greatly appreciated as I am still new to IIRF. Thanks!

Oct 18, 2011 at 2:41 AM

According to your config situations,you will meet many permission issues, I've tested on Windows 2008 Server R2 X64, both IIRF x86 and x64 versions are working well,,just for your informatin,URL: http://iirf.codeplex.com/discussions/276031  ,hope this will be helpful to you,and good luck to you.