iirf doesn't seem to like some urls

Topics: User Forum
Sep 9, 2010 at 5:41 PM

If this is in the docs I'm sorry, I couldn't find it.

I'm running  Ionic ISAPI Rewriting Filter (IIRF) 2.0.1.15 RELEASE  on Windows 2008 r2 Standard / 64bit

my IIRF rules seem to work great except for if the url in question is mapped to a VDIR in IIS

I have a vdir called  /script and I'm attempting to redirect based on useragent, however urls that start with /script do not seem to be proccessed at all by IIRF.

in the root ( / ) I have an iirf.ini with RewriteLogLevel 5 that logs NOTHING if I access /script/blahblahblah

- if I access /blah/script/blahblahblah my logging works

/script is mapped to an application that implements an HttpHandler - is that why url rewriting isn't working for me?

Sep 9, 2010 at 8:42 PM

This seems to work ok in IIS 5.1 ( windows xp )  - so is there something I need to know about installing on IIS7 so that IIRF intercepts http requests before .net takes over?

Coordinator
Sep 10, 2010 at 12:46 PM
Edited Sep 10, 2010 at 12:50 PM
You need an iirf.ini in each distinct vdir. The reason you see nothing in the Iirf logfile for the toplevel vdir, is that a request for /script/blah is handled in the /script vdir. If you put an iirf.ini in the physical directory for the /script vdir, you'll see log messGes in the corresponding iirf logfile. Good luck.