Can't get clean url working on IIS 6

Sep 17, 2010 at 8:33 AM
Edited Sep 17, 2010 at 8:39 AM

I have a 2003 server with IIS 6.  We have had a Joomla website developed in PHP & I can't get a clean URL (index.php displayed in all,,,,need to rewrite this as to work properly. For the life of me I can't get it to display just a clean URL with no index.php.

I have installed the V 2.1 beta msi & seem to be getting better results but I think the iirf.ini & global.ini are cause me the greif...The example give in the help files arte useless for a noob like me when it comes to coding.  Any help?

Pls help 

Sep 19, 2010 at 3:04 PM
What did you try? Where is the iirf.ini file stored? What rules are contained on that file? What results do you see? Have you verified the basic function of iirf, as described in the "Troubleshooting" page in the documentation? Does the /iirfstatus URL work as expected?
Sep 20, 2010 at 4:12 AM

Hi Cheeso,

The file is stored under wwwroot/

I have tried many different rules

There is no /iirfstatus.

I'm not a coder so the rewrite rules might as well be written in Klingon. I just need a rewrite rule to stick in my iirf.ini file to get clean URL's.  At the moment i get  Where I want a rule to get rid of the index.php.  The examples provide are confusing to say the least.

Sep 22, 2010 at 4:19 AM
I'm sorry it's so confusing for you. I tried to make the documentation as simple and clear as I could. Good luck to you.