IIRF Module installed, but not intercepting requests.

Oct 8, 2010 at 7:41 PM

I've been trying to debug a problem after installing the IIRF module.  On 3 of the 4 servers which are load balanced using microsoft NLB, I get a status unknown after installing the module when I look at the properties on the ISAPI tab of the website the IIRF priority is empty and the status is unknown.  In comparing the metabase.xml file we noticed that following entries missing from the server that failed.

<IIsFilters Location ="/LM/W3SVC/87257621/filters"
  FilterLoadOrder="IIRF - Ionic ISAPI Rewriting Filter"
<IIsFilter Location ="/LM/W3SVC/87257621/filters/IIRF - Ionic ISAPI Rewriting Filter"
  FilterDescription="Ionic ISAPI Rewriting Filter (IIRF) x86 RELEASE"
  FilterFlags="NotifySecurePort | NotifyNonSecurePort | NotifyUrlMap | NotifyEndOfRequest | NotifyOrderHigh | NotifyAuthComplete"
  FilterPath="C:\Program Files\Ionic Shade\IIRF 2.1\IIRF.dll"

When I copied those entries to the server we're having problems that staus and priority changes to high and up (Arrow up).  So I then proceeded to make a request to a redirect rule url on the server and got an immediate 404 error.  I don't think IIS is loading Iirf.dll correctly and I'm unsure how to verify that it is in fact loaded.

Can the debug version of Iirf give us this information some how?

I installed the IIRF 2.1 msi on a 32-bit windows 2003 standard server edition using IIS 6.0.

They are all serving the same copies of the same web content and have the same permissions for the guest and iis_wpg users.

My ini file is as follows:

StatusInquiry ON
RewriteEngine ON

RedirectRule ^/go-to-google$ http://www.google.com [R=302]

Please let me know if you need more info,

Oct 11, 2010 at 12:15 PM
I haven't documented how to modify the metabase file in order to install IIRF. I'm pretty sure you cannot just cut-n-paste entries from one server to another. The server Id, for instance, changes from one server to the next.

I'm also not sure from your description whether 3 of 4 servers are working properly, or if 3 of 4 servers are working incorrectly.

But that's irrelevant I think. The install procedure for iirf that's documented in the helpfile s the one you should follow. There's also a section in that helpfile on verification and troubleshooting of the install. Check that page and see if it helps.

Good luck.