Configuration on Vista / IIS7

Feb 28, 2008 at 11:14 AM
Does anyone know how to configure the Ionics Isapi Rewrite on Vista with IIS 7? If it even runs there? I didn't see it on the supported list.
I tried to install it and it is doing the rewrites, but normal ASP.NET pages don't work anymore now.
I just added the Filter under my Application -> Handler Mappings. It's now listed under ISAPI and CGI Restrictions and also under ISAPI Filters on the Website Level.
I guess I'm missing something, but not sure what? My application runs in Classic Mode by the way.
Mar 1, 2008 at 2:28 PM
I think I figured it out by myself now.
First, Ionics Isapi Rewrite works on Vista with IIS 7 in Classic Mode (didn't try the new mode).

You can just add it a Handler Mapping to your Web Application. It will then automatically add it to the ISAPI Filters List and to the ISAPI and CGI Restrictions.
Use the "Add Script Map" Command. Under Request Restriction I used Folder only. It's important to then move the Ionics module all the way to the bottom.
The "View Ordered List" command will enable that.

Hope this helps somebody!
Jul 29, 2008 at 3:47 PM
Hi rblaaettler,

What version of Vista are you running?  I'm on Ultimate 64bit and I'm still having trouble.
I have a few specific questions...
Did you run the above steps on the top level of IIS or on a single site?
What did you enter for the Request Path of the Handler Mapping?
Under Request Restrictions, what access did you give (none, read, write, script, execute)?

Thanks a lot