Redirect web site by geographical location base

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Nov 12, 2010 at 11:46 AM

Hello

Is this possible in the IIRF we can redirect our web site using geographical location basis, example if my web site access from india then it open www.linuxunixworld.com/india.php  and if web site open from USA county then it will open www.linuxunixworld.com/usa.php

I found some script that use for redirect web site as per geographic location (IP address basis) and its working fine but my issue is that if user from india want to open usa web site content then it was not allow him/her it was redirected user to india’s web site content.

Thanks in Advance

Amit

Coordinator
Nov 12, 2010 at 1:52 PM

To do that, you would need to inject an ip-to-geolocation service into the IIRF logic. 

Currently this is not possible in IIRF - it's not possible for you to insert or interject your own external code into the processing of rewrite rules. 

In many cases people use a default page to perform this work.  (Like Global.asax in aspnet).  It runs for every request; checks for the presence of a cookie that indicates whether geolocation has been performed for the given IP.  If the cookie is present it does nothing.  If the cookie is not present, then it maps the incoming IP address to a geo location, then sets the cookie, and redirects to the appropriate web for the given geography.

good luck.

Nov 12, 2010 at 4:21 PM

Hello Cheeso,

Thanks for your quick reply. I will try it with some other tools/script.

Amit