IIRF 2.1 don't work purely

Dec 28, 2010 at 4:01 PM

IIRF 1.2 worked fine on my IIS6.0 server. But since i replaced it by iirf2.1 nothing works.

Windows 2003 Server SP2

IIrf.ini, IIrfGlobal.ini,IIRF.dll in c:/program files/ionic shade/iirf 2.1

IIrf.ini content:

RewriteFilterPriority HIGH
NotifyLog OFF
RewriteEngine ON
RewriteLog c:\path\to\logfile.out
RewriteLogLevel 3
RewriteCond %{HTTP_URL} ^((?!(\.(gif|jpg|png|ico|css|js|swf|flv|iflv|htm|html|jar|class|doc|rtf|pdf|zip|rar|xls|ppt|mp3))).)*$
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /index.php [L,I,U]

All directories(C:/windows, C:/program files/, site directory) have 'read' permissions for 'everyone'

I tried manual and automatic installations.

BUT NOTHING WORKS:

There are no records in iirf log file.

In iis log file only these records:

2010-12-28 15:53:23 127.0.0.1 GET /str/2/ - 80 - 127.0.0.1 Opera/9.80+(Windows+NT+5.2;+U;+ru)+Presto/2.6.30+Version/10.60 404 0 3
2010-12-28 15:53:23 127.0.0.1 GET /favicon.ico - 80 - 127.0.0.1 Opera/9.80+(Windows+NT+5.2;+U;+ru)+Presto/2.6.30+Version/10.60 404 0 2

I CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHAT IS WRONG. MAY BE I DONT UNDERSTAND SOMETHING?

Coordinator
Dec 29, 2010 at 10:14 AM

I'm sorry you're having trouble.

Yes, I suppose you have overlooked something or don't understand something.

In the IIRF documentation there is a page covering "Verifying and Troubleshooting installation".  I suggest you consult that page and follow the steps there.

But BEFORE you do that - I'm not sure if you saw the page in the documentation covering migration from v1.2 to v2.1 .   There is some good information in there.  Most importantly, that page points out that the IIRF.ini file does not go in the directory with IIRF.dll.  IIRF.ini should appear in the physical directory corresponding to the IIS virtual directory on disk.

Like this:  If you request http://server/index.html, where does the index.html page come from?  That physical directory is where you should place your IIRF.ini, with all of your rules for that vdir.  The IIrfGlobal.ini should remain co-located with the IIRF.dll.

Also - it's good that you checked the permissions on the various directories.  After you place the IIRF.ini file into the appropriate place, also verify that the permissions on IIRF.ini allow the appropriate web user to read the file. 

This is described in more detail, in the documentation page covering "manual installation of IIRF". 

Dec 29, 2010 at 11:26 AM

Cheeso, my great regrets for spending your time. Because i was unmindful. I am really didn't pay necessary attention on words about emplacement of each files. All works rightly, after iirf.ini was moved to its correct place. Great thanks to you and to your software.

Coordinator
Dec 30, 2010 at 12:45 AM

no worries.

mindfulness is a lifelong pursuit.   :)