After Edit VDIR iirf.ini IIRF Crashes

Topics: User Forum
Feb 14, 2011 at 11:38 PM

Hi guys Im editing my iirf.ini via WinSCP over FTP Service, I dont know if the problem comes when FTP client deletes IIRF.ini and then uploads new file.... today IIRF 2.1 is down i don't want restart services again, Is there a solution ?

SO. W2003 Server R2

Coordinator
Feb 18, 2011 at 4:52 PM

I don't know if there's a solution.

I'd need the IIRF.log file from the crashed IIRF in order to diagnose it.

IIRF is instrumented to dump a stacktrace in the log file if it crashes.  With that stacktrace I should be able to diagnose the problem and then, possibly fix it.  Without the stacktrace I surely won't be able to diagnose and fix.

Feb 18, 2011 at 5:22 PM

Hi There well the problem was the user IUSR_<MachineName> .... I dont know how to resolve this problem beacuse when I upload the new file the permissions get lost, the file IIRF.ini needs to have permission for that user (IUSR...)

Coordinator
Feb 18, 2011 at 10:04 PM

The way to resolve the problem is to set the Inheritance permissions for new objects created in the containing directory - in other words the physical directory that holds IIRF.ini.  These permissions are sometimes called "Inheritance object" permissions.  You need to grant IUSR_MACHINE read perms in the IO ACL. 

good luck!