Cheeso - first of all - thanks for writing this wonderful software! It was a big help while setting up my site on IIS 6 (http://www.shrimadrajchandramission.org)
i am trying to migrate my site from an IIS 6 server to IIS 7. i initially thought of using the inbuilt rewrite module of IIS 7, but my urls are not rewriting correctly. So i am trying to set up IIRF.
The 64 bit msi install didn't work, so i manually tried installing version 188.8.131.52. i have searched this mailing list and google, but can't figure out how to make the isapi filter work.
Here's what i have tried so far:
- Copied IIRF.dll in system32\inetsrv\ folder and added the ISAPI filter for one of my websites. Have also added IIRFGlobal.ini in the same folder, and have added IIRF.ini in the document root folder.
- Tried moving the dll to syswow64\inetsrv\IIRF, along with the rest of the files that are present in the bin folder of the manual installation package.
- Enabled running 32 bit applications, and then again tried putting the same in system32\inetsrv folder.
- Ran dependencywalker 32-bit and 64-bit versions for the respective IIRF.dll versions. IESHM.dll seems to be missing on the server in both cases - i don't know where to find it, and where exactly it should be copied to? Should i copy it in the same folder
where i have IIRF.dll? Should i copy the 32-bit version or 64-bit version? (i am assuming the same version as that of the IIRF.dll should be copied)
- Tried to see if something shows up in eventviewer in all cases - but i don't see any errors.
- The iirfstatus url is showing a 404 error in all cases.
- i also tried moving the IIRF.dll file to a folder outside the C:\Windows folder, but that didn't work.
- Set the order of the IIRF ISAPI filter to be the first one in the set of isapi filters.
- One thing i noticed is that we have plesk on our server, and entering the server url shows up the default page for plesk. Wondering if this could be a reason.
My brain has stopped working now - would appreciate any help i can get on this.