Issues with 64bit w/ IIS7; using 2.1

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
May 6, 2011 at 8:24 PM
Edited May 6, 2011 at 8:40 PM

I am having issues using version 2.1 of 64bit IIRF on MS Windows Server 2008 64bit. It is IIS7.

Initially, I was unable to use the installer because of the 'IIS must be installed' prior to IIRF message. After that I moved on to using just the .dll and configuring it manually, which I'm quite familiar with since I've been using IIRF for over 2 years on 32bit systems. When moving forward with just the .dll I was having issues getting IIRF to show that it was doing anything.

Trying to use just the dll, I had the following issues: all pages displayed an 404 error that should have been redirected. Browsing to the iirfStatus page also provided a 404 error. No errors show up in the windows log, and no IIRF log was created. In order to debug, I have assigned read/write to every file that could be used including the directories where the .dll, .ini, and .log files would be saved.

After fighting that for a while, I browsed the discussions some more and found that there was an update posted to the installer. I tried that but hit an error (Setup for Ionic's ISAPI Rewrite Filter 2.1 ended prematurely.) just a few screens later, after browsing the installation process I determined that it was being caused when trying to read some of the IIS settings because it never got to the page where I select the web site to install it to. At this point, I figured that it is looking for some IIS config that I don't have. Going into the Role Services panel I decided to add EVERYTHING under 'Managment Tools' for IIS. After installing that all, I reattempted the install process and this time it worked.

After using the installer, I was testing with the iirfStatus page and got an Internal Server Error page, 500. This matched up quite nicely with the 500 error shown on the validating an install page in the documentation. So I gave permissions to the newly installed dll and all the files and tried again. Same result. So then i read things more closely. I was getting error code 0x800700c1 which (after googling) I determined was caused by me having enabled 'Enable 32-Bit Applications' in Application pool advanced Settings. I did that because I was trying to use PHP as an ISAPI filter..  When I turn off enable 32-bit apps, then I get back to the 404 error when viewing the iirfStatus page.


Yikes, I hope that was clear. I would be happy to provide clarification or any details that may help. Thank you.


<a href="">Thread with updated installer</a>