Rewrite URL on page?

Topics: User Forum
Apr 21, 2008 at 4:16 AM
Hi all, I'm evaluating Ionic Rewrite for implementation.

I've successfully configured the DLL on IIS6 so that a basic rule such as /Home will direct to /Default.aspx.

My question is that I have a a href tag in the Default.aspx which goes to /Default.aspx, is there anyway of changing that link in the page to /Home with Ionics?

The aim here is to maintain development so that /Default.aspx, /ArticleContent.aspx?ArticleId=1, etc, are still valid but the URL rewriting be handled by Ionics on the server level.

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

Kind Regards
Keith
Coordinator
Apr 23, 2008 at 5:53 PM

keithlee wrote:
Hi all, I'm evaluating Ionic Rewrite for implementation.

I've successfully configured the DLL on IIS6 so that a basic rule such as /Home will direct to /Default.aspx.

My question is that I have a a href tag in the Default.aspx which goes to /Default.aspx, is there anyway of changing that link in the page to /Home with Ionics?

The aim here is to maintain development so that /Default.aspx, /ArticleContent.aspx?ArticleId=1, etc, are still valid but the URL rewriting be handled by Ionics on the server level.

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

Keith, no, there is no such capability in IIRF. what you describe is a reverse-proxy capability. It is something that is handled by mod_proxy in Apache. IIRF does not do reverse proxy.