Configuration files per website / virtual directory ?

Topics: Developer Forum
Nov 30, 2006 at 8:14 PM
First of all, thank you for releasing this great piece of software!

Now, it it propably suggested or asked before... But it would be great if you could create a config file per website or virtual directory. For example an xml file, or maybe stored in a database...

If IIRF was written in VB or C#, I would try to program something like that myself, although a am still novice in the field of ISAPI filers and the like...
Dec 21, 2006 at 1:37 AM
It is already somewhat possible to do this.

1. For each website, create a new directory to put the rewrite.dll and rewrite.ini files.
  2. Make a copy of the rewrite.dll and rewrite.ini files and put them in each directory.
  3. For each website, remove/add a new isapi filter that points to the folder that contains the rewrite.dll set aside for that website.
  4. Edit each separate rewrite.ini file for the specific site.

Note: This do not know if this will work with virtual directories that are children of a website that uses the rewrite filter. I assume IIS uses the child's implementation but I can't remember what the MSDN documentation stated about this.

I have not verified this but I know the isapirewrite.dll looks in its current directory for its specific configuration, worth a shot!