using IIRF with Joomla 1.7

Topics: User Forum
Oct 28, 2011 at 12:28 AM

Has anyone got this to work together and friendly?

Joomla 1.7.2

Ionic Isapi Rewrite FIlter (latest version)

IIS6

Coordinator
Oct 28, 2011 at 3:04 PM

Well, I don't have IIS6, but... I have IIRF working on IIS7.5 on Windows 7 with Joomla 1.7.

Oct 29, 2011 at 12:50 AM

did you take any steps to get the installation working besides installing the .msi,

Coordinator
Oct 29, 2011 at 10:43 PM

Nothing special that I can recall.

What's the problem you're experiencing.?

Oct 31, 2011 at 9:00 PM

- installed IIRF

- rebooted server

- iisreset/restart

- renamed web.config.txt to web.config

- enabled Use URL rewriting joomla backend /  Search Engine Friendly URLs

for instance i want to access http://mysite/it(rewritten url) - i receive 404 page not found

check IIS6 - Web Service Extension - IIRF Proxy Extension - Allowed

check ISAPI filters for IIS site "joomla" - IIRF priority high , Status - Loaded

tried renaming htaccess. to .htaccess and keeping  web.config.txt as is  - 404

question

should i be renaming web.config.txt to web.config or should i be renaming htacces.txt to .htaccess - iis6

i receive a 404 error so i take IIRF is not working at all, besides being allow /web service extensions , and ISAPI filters for the particular web site, anywhere else IIRF should appear?

Coordinator
Nov 2, 2011 at 7:31 PM
Edited Nov 2, 2011 at 7:34 PM

IIRF doesn't use .htaccess.  

I don't know where you are getting web.config; I don't know what you intend to do with that.  I think in IIS7 web.config might be the store for rewrite rules. This is not the case for IIRF or IIS6.

If you use IIRF., you must supply a file named IIRF.ini which contains the rewrite rules. The rules you must provide in IIRf.ini are close to, but not exactly the same as those used in the .htaccess.  There are some features in Apache that are not available in IIS+IIRF, and .htaccess uses those features; you must remove those statements from IIRF.ini.   As well, there are some things you will want in IIRF.ini, that are not provided in the htaccess.txt.   Starting with htaccess.txt if I snip out the Apache-only parts and add in the IIRF-only parts, I get this set of rules, which ought to work:  

RewriteLog c:\path.to\iirflogs\here
RewriteLogLevel 3  
RewriteBase ON
StatusInquiry ON
# If the requested path and file is not /index.php and the request
# has not already been internally rewritten to the index.php script
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/index\.php
# and the request is for something within the component folder,
# or for the site root, or for an extensionless URL, or the
# requested URL ends with one of the listed extensions
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} /component/|(/[^.]*|\.(php|html?|feed|pdf|vcf|raw))$ [NC]
# and the requested path and file doesn't directly match a physical file
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
# and the requested path and file doesn't directly match a physical folder
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
# internally rewrite the request to the index.php script
RewriteRule .* index.php [L]

On the other hand, this is what I use for my own joomla setup:

RewriteLog c:\path.to\iirf.logs\here
RewriteLogLevel 3
RewriteBase ON
StatusInquiry ON

## Rewrite the empty URL to the index.php homepage
RewriteRule ^/($|\?)   /index.php   [L,QSA]
## Redirect index.php to the empty url
RedirectRule ^/index.php$            /   [R=302]

## for non-bare URLs, rewrite conditionally
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/index\.php
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} (/|\.php|\.html|\.htm|\.feed|\.pdf|\.raw|/[^.]*)$  [NC]
RewriteRule (.*) /index.php  [L,U]
Nov 4, 2011 at 2:07 AM

thank you. i was short of adding IIRF.ini to the root of joomla directory modified like shown above

iis6/j1.7.2/iirf 2.1 - working :)

Jan 17, 2012 at 10:39 AM

Hello there,

I found your post very informative since I have been trying to find a solution for the exact same thing.

My setup is the same : IIS6 + Joomla 1.7.3 + IIRF
But the above is not working for me so I am left wondering what is it that I could be doing wrong.

in our setup, since the server hosts multiple websites I have installed IIRF Server Wide and have vdir for each websites on the secondary drive of the server. In attempting to make it work I tried to put the iirf.ini for the joomla site on the joomla sites virtual directly as well as the wwwroot folder in case its required there as well.

Contents of the iirf.ini are the same as the post you have above, the joomla .htaccess and web.config have not been renamed.

Cheeso, I would appreciate if you can help to get this working in the above setup.

many thanks, priyanka.

Coordinator
Jan 19, 2012 at 12:07 AM

open a new thread.  Don't resurrect old threads for new questions.

Also, I don't know what your question is. In the new thread, you should be specific and clear about what you are asking.