x64 port

Topics: Developer Forum
May 16, 2008 at 3:39 PM
We're using IIRF in various projects, usually with rather simple rules (think /foo/ => /foo.aspx), and it's the perfect tool for that task.

We're currently working on a project that will be hosted on an Windows Server 2003 x64 machine, and since no IIRF x64 port seems to exist we're looking into investing a (finite) amount of time into trying to do it by ourselves.

As of today, I have built PCRE 7.7 x64, and I have adapted the IIRF (latest source from CodePlex) makefiles, and I can successfully build the DLL (with not so many warnings). Yet it dies (and kills IIS worker process) as soon as I hit the web site. I obviously need to go into some debugging, but before I do that I have a few questions:

1/ Has anybody already tried to do it and failed for a good reason? In other words is there a good reason why an x64 port does not exist yet? Am I going to hit a wall pretty soon?

2/ There is an IirfVersion executable that comes with the library, but it immediately dies (access violation) and this is due to the way the version string is returned from the library. But I can not figure out (at that point) if this is x64-related or not. Can anybody check whether it runs at all or not?

3/ Any comments?

Thanks,
Stephen
Coordinator
May 30, 2008 at 10:22 PM
I'm no x64 expert.  Don't think I will be much help on this.
But I am happy to collaborate if someone can bring some experience and x64-port horsepower to the room.