How do I manually uninstall IIRF

Topics: User Forum
Dec 14, 2011 at 9:43 AM

Hi,

Is there a set of instructions for completely uninstalling IIRF manually after using the msi installer?

I installed IIRF on a single site for testing, and it works great, I now want to install it for the whole web server... but I can't.

I tried [add or remove programs]->[ionic's isapi rewrite]->[remove] and got "Fatal error during installation".
I tried [add or remove programs]->[ionic's isapi rewrite]->[support]->[repair] and got "Fatal error during installation".
I tried re-running the msi installer (2.1.1.26), and it says another version of this product is installed.
I tried running the latest msi installer (2.1), and it says another version of this product is installed.
I tried manually adding IIRF as an ISAPI filter for all websites as per the help file, and the filter wouldn't load, even though the filter defined in the test website still works!?
I tried manually adding IIRF as an ISAPI filter for just one other website and the filter still wouldn't load.

The event log entry that accompanies the fatal error is:

The description for Event ID ( 3 ) in Source ( Ionic Isapi Rewriting Filter ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: IIRF: event ID 3, IIRF: Could not open ini file 'X:\xxx\xxx\xxx\Iirf.ini' (error: 2, The system cannot find the file specified.).

There is no iirf.ini file in the location specified in the log, which is why it isn't finding one. This location is a virtual directory in IIS under the test website and is set as an application. It is one of many, although it is the first alphabetically.  Going back in the logs it seems I am getting lots of warnings from IIRF saying that it can't open iirf.ini files in the majority of virtual application directories.

The filter is still working perfectly on the test website but I'd like to roll it out to our live sites and I'm stumped.  I've read the other uninstall posts and none have been helpful in my situation.

I did some digging and IirfVersion.exe says I have "Ionic ISAPI Rewriting Filter (IIRF) 2.1.2.2 x86 RELEASE" installed, however the support dialog in add or remove programs says that it's version 2.1.1.26?  Somewhere along the way things appear to have got a little broken...

Jul 17, 2014 at 3:17 AM
Hi ,

I am not sure you able to resolve this issue or not but i would like to share my experience for the same and how i am able to resolve this issue.

First remove all reference from registry (Search Inonic keyword in registry) and again try to uninstall it from Add remove program this time it will work and won't give you any error :)

Regards,
Amit Solanki