using IIRF on a shared root

Topics: Developer Forum
Jan 19, 2012 at 9:36 PM
Edited Jan 19, 2012 at 10:13 PM

If I read the documentation right, to use IIRF on a specific site I set it up as an ISAPI filter and place the ini file in the root of the application.

On our server, we run several dozen sites, all using the same engine and thus a common root folder. Site specific information is placed in IIS virtual directories and referred to as such in any relevant code, e.g. /wImages = d:\inetpub\webcontent\myWebsite\myImages - and all websites use this form:

/wimages = d:\inetpub\webcontent\myWebSite-1\myImages

/wImages = d:\inetpub\webcontent\myWebSite-2\yourImages

/wImages = d:\inetpub\webcontent\myWebsite-3\theirImages

root for all = d:\inetpub\webcontent

In version 1, it was easy: put the DLL and the ini file in the same folder.  With the latest version, it would seem that I'm out of luck ...or can I specify through some method where to find the ini file for any given site?

Coordinator
Jan 20, 2012 at 7:04 AM

the iirf.ini file goes into the directory root of each particular vdir.

I don't know what you mean by

/wImages = d:\....

Jan 20, 2012 at 1:07 PM

Okay, so too much info confuses the issue. The point is, all the websites share a common root folder, and as such it seems to me that - unless I can tell IIRF where to look for the ini file - I have to use the old version or use some other solution. 

So, to repeat myself, in version 1, it was easy: put the DLL and the ini file in the same folder.  With the latest version, it would seem that I'm out of luck ...or can I specify through some method where to find the ini file for any given site?

Mar 6, 2012 at 10:36 AM

We have got the same situation here. Any updates on this?