IIRF + Joomla 1.7 : redirects to homepage only

Topics: User Forum
Jan 22, 2012 at 12:24 PM
Edited Jan 23, 2012 at 12:01 PM

Hello there,

I have the following setup : IIS 6 + IIRF 2.1 + Joomla 1.7.3.
When I try to set up SEF urls with the Joomla Basic SEO and setup up the IIRF.ini file to the outlined below. As a result, although the URLs are rewriitten in the menu's by Joomla all of them lead to the homepage of the site not to the pages in the website they should go to.

i.e. www.domain.com/page1.html (rewritten page url of joomla) should go to some article but goes to www.domain.com/index.php

RewriteLog d:\iirf\
RewriteLogLevel 3
RewriteBase ON
StatusInquiry ON

## Rewrite the empty URL to the index.php homepage
RewriteRule ^/($|\?)   /index.php   [L,QSA]
## Redirect index.php to the empty url
RedirectRule ^/index.php$            /   [R=302]

## for non-bare URLs, rewrite conditionally
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/index\.php
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} (/|\.php|\.html|\.htm|\.feed|\.pdf|\.raw|/[^.]*)$  [NC]
RewriteRule (.*) /index.php  [L,U]

Also, in the another version of the IIRF.ini file I tried, when i replace the rewriterule : RewriteRule (.*) /index.php [L,U]
to RewriteRule (.*) /index.php/$1 [L,U]
the website works as in the links from the menu go to the right pages from the site but the administrator section which is in a folder of its own stops working.
What I realised was www.domain.com\administrator loads the login page correctly but after login instead of going to www.domain.com\administrator\index.php it resolves to www.domain.com\index.php with a Not found error.

Can someone advise if they have successfully managed to configure Joomla 1.7 basic SEF to work with IIRF ?

Many thanks in advance.
Priyanka.