64 bit?

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Jun 25, 2008 at 9:04 PM
Hi there... glad to see this project is still up and running, it's been a while since we looked at IIRF but man it's so much more appealing than the other options out there.

My question is, will this run on a 64 bit machine? Or can it be compiled in such a way that it will run in a 64 bit environment? That's the only thing stopping us from using this in our product.

Thanks!

Coordinator
Jun 26, 2008 at 6:48 PM
Superbob,
I have not committed to producing a 64-bit port of this filter, although it is the #1 requested feature among people who speak up.
I would need some help doing that, I think.  Especially with the testing and so on.  
Jun 26, 2008 at 7:15 PM
Going forward we may very well be interested in helping out! Right now we're looking at starting with the 32 bit version for our product and could expand to 64 bit later; we haven't publicly committed to a 64 bit version yet so we're going to go down that road for now.

I am, however, having some problems getting this to run in IIS 7 in Vista. I guess I should open up a new thread for that... So I'll do that now. :)

Thanks Cheeso!
Sep 1, 2008 at 2:56 PM
I have Windows web server 2008 64-bit, so if I understand correctly, your filter will not work?
Coordinator
Sep 3, 2008 at 6:01 PM
Correct.