IIS7 + IIRF +mongrel problem

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Feb 15, 2012 at 12:48 PM
Edited Feb 15, 2012 at 1:54 PM

Hi,

I use IIS7 + IIRF +mongrel to run my rails project, In the iirt.ini file, I write the following lines:

RewriteLog D:\2011\web\iirf.log

ProxyPass ^/(.*)$          http://127.0.0.1:3000/$1 [I]

But, when the page has a form_for method to post data to the server,  when I click on the button, there isn't any response, what's the problem, is there some example 'ini' file or tutorial for running a rails project when using " IIS7 + IIRT +mongrel".

Many thanks!

Coordinator
Mar 13, 2012 at 12:20 AM

Check your IIRF log for details.

When running IIRF as a proxy with  POST requests, you need to configure IIRF as an IIS Filter and as an IIS Extension.  This requirement is due to the peculiarities of the Filter/Extension duality in the IIS model.   It's possible you have configured IIRF only as a filter, in which case it will read the ProxyPass rule, and try to act on it, but it will "lose" the request mnidway through the flow.  (Basically IIRF sends a request to itself, and if IIRF is not configured as an IIS Extension, then the request will never be handled)   This mis-configuration will be evident in the IIRF log, and the IIS logs, which will show a request for proxy.iirf which gets a 404 response.

Check the IIRF documentation on "Installing and Configuring" for more information on this.

ProxyPass with a GET request won't have this problem.  ProxyPass with a GET will be handled by IIRF when it is configured solely as an IIS Filter.