Does this work with DotNetNuke?

Jul 25, 2008 at 8:33 PM
I have installed the Isapi filter, but everytime I change the ini file to something that triggers a rewrite, I get "Page Cannot be found."
ie:
RewriteRule  ^(.*).aspx  $1.aspx2

I am wondering it this is interfering with DotNetNuke's built in URL rewriter.

Any ideas?
Coordinator
Jul 28, 2008 at 9:06 PM
What that rule does is rewrite a URL that ends in aspx to a url that ends in aspx2.

What this means is, if a user types in   www.dnnserver.com/index.aspx in the browser address bar,
then on the server side, IIS will try to locate and run a resource called index.aspx2.    What is displayed in the browser address bar remains unchanged.

Likely that resource does not exist, which is why you get a 404 error "Page Not Found."   There is nothing on the server side responding to requests for .aspx2 files.  And there is no .aspx2 file.

I think you may have your thinking reversed.  What you may want to do is 
RewriteRule  ^(.*).aspx2  $1.aspx

If you do this, then, if a user types in   www.dnnserver.com/index.aspx2  in the browser address bar,
then on the server side, IIS will try to locate and run a resource called index.aspx.  (Once again, What is displayed in the browser address bar remains unchanged.)

Or more likely you will use something like: 
RewriteRule  ^(.*).dnn  $1.aspx

If you do this, then, if a user types in   www.dnnserver.com/index.dnn  in the browser address bar,
then on the server side, IIS will try to locate and run a resource called index.aspx.