Joomla 1.5

Jul 31, 2008 at 8:33 AM
Hi,

What are the settings in the ini file which go on the htdocs folder for Joomla 1.5 please? I have tried the ones on the joomla help site and they are not working. Is there any modifications or settings I need to do in joomla as well?
Coordinator
Jul 31, 2008 at 8:35 PM
Sorry!  I don't know joomla.
Aug 2, 2008 at 4:05 AM
What are you trying to reach? SEF? Try this web http://joomlaoniis.com/content/view/1/3/1/0/.

Regards.
Aug 14, 2008 at 12:34 PM
For Joomla 1.5 you can use:

RewriteCond %{HTTP_URL} (/|\.htm|\.php|\.html|/[^.]*)$  
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule (.*) /index.php [U,L]

RewriteRule ^/$ /index.php
RewriteRule ^/content/([^/]+)/([^/]+)/([^/]+)/([^/]+)/([^/]+)/ /index.php?option=com_content&task=$1&id=$2&Itemid=$3&limit=$4&limitstart=$5
RewriteRule ^/content/([^/]+)/([^/]+)/([^/]+)/ /index.php?option=com_content&task=$1&id=$2&Itemid=$3
RewriteRule ^/component/option,([^/]+)/([^/]+),([^/]+)/([^/]+),([^/]+)/([^/]+),([^/]+) /index.php?option=$1&$2=$3&$4=$5&$6=$7
RewriteRule ^/component/option,([^/]+)/([^/]+),([^/]+)/ /index.php?option=$1&$2=$3

Nov 28, 2008 at 3:21 AM
@SoHoAlex

Thank you for your post. It helped me to resolve the mystery of IIS redirect using Ionics Rewrite.
Below is the configuration worked for me.
My configuration is this - IIS 6 + Joomla 1.0 + CB 1.1
I am giving it here in case it is useful for others who might stumble into smae problem.
Below is the config for standard Joomla 1.0 SEF (not sh404SEF)

#=========================================================================
#This is final version of IIRF ini for standard SEF in Joomla!

RewriteLogLevel 2 #Make it 0 in to turn debugging off
RewriteLog G:\IIRFLog\IIRfLogfile #Write the absolute path of your file here 

MaxMatchCount 10

RewriteCond %{HTTP_URL} (/|\.htm|\.php|\.html|/[^.]*)$  
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d

RewriteRule ^/$ /index.php
RewriteRule ^/content/([^/]+)/([^/]+)/([^/]+)/([^/]+)/([^/]+)/ /index.php?option=com_content&task=$1&id=$2&Itemid=$3&limit=$4&limitstart=$5
RewriteRule ^/content/([^/]+)/([^/]+)/([^/]+)/ /index.php?option=com_content&task=$1&id=$2&Itemid=$3
RewriteRule ^/component/option,([^/]+)/([^/]+),([^/]+)/([^/]+),([^/]+)/([^/]+),([^/]+) /index.php?option=$1&$2=$3&$4=$5&$6=$7
RewriteRule ^/component/option,([^/]+)/([^/]+),([^/]+)/ /index.php?option=$1&$2=$3

#===========================================================================================

Below is the config for standard Joomla with sh404SEF
#===========================================================================================

RewriteLogLevel 2 #Make it 0 in to turn debugging off
RewriteLog G:\IIRFLog\IIRfLogfile #Write the absolute path of your file here 

MaxMatchCount 10

RewriteCond %{HTTP_URL} (/|\.htm|\.php|\.html|/[^.]*)$  
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule (.*) /index.php [U,L]

I deleted .htacess as its NOT at all required. The  IsapiRewrite4.ini takes the roll of it.
So if someone is using Ionics Rewrite Filter on IIS JUST DELETE THE .htaccess FILE.

Please visit my site to see it in action - http://www.indianexpats.org
If someone need help please PM me, I am still not an expert but for setting this up on IIS I can offer some help.
Regards

Coordinator
Nov 30, 2008 at 6:15 PM
Ryogi, great to get your input on this.
Would be good to have you contribute to the central discussion forum here, rather than taking dicussions to PM's. 
If you do the exchange on the forums, then everyone can benefit, and the learnings can be shared more broadly and into the future.

Thanks again. I'm glad it's working for you.

Dec 1, 2008 at 1:18 AM
Chesso, I shall always be happy to offer help here with whatever knowledge I can share.
The PM is only for those who are less technical and sometimes need assistance to install the component on the server.
The assistance means they actually need someone to fix the issue for them. Hope this clarifies any doubts.
BTW I hv replied you on another thread about starting a paid installation service. Please let me know if you like that idea.

Apr 17, 2009 at 2:49 PM
Hi Cheeso

I am revisting this forum after a long time.
A quick question -
Can I use RewriteBase rule?
It shows Warning - Ignored in log.

Whats alternative?

Regards
Coordinator
May 1, 2009 at 8:16 AM
RewriteBase is not supported by IIRF !!
Sorry!
May 1, 2009 at 8:44 AM
Is that possible to implement. Thats critical. particularly when we need to test the Joomla under a sub folder before moving it to live site.
That will be a BIG help.

Thank You

-------- Original Message  --------
Subject: Re: Joomla 1.5 [IIRF:32615]
To: [email removed]
Date: Friday, May 01, 2009 4:16:20 PM

RewriteBase is not supported by IIRF !!
Sorry!

Coordinator
Dec 14, 2010 at 2:39 PM

FYI: RewriteBase has been implemented.  See http://cheeso.members.winisp.net/Iirf21Help/html/bc80da98-83e2-4d22-8b71-2fd116e2610a.htm for the documentation;

You need IIRF v2.1.1.2 at a minimum, to get this feature.