mod_rewrite

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Aug 2, 2008 at 3:38 AM
Hello,

I have Search Engine Friendly URL, however I still have one issue. The URL always show index.php, for example: www.thesite.com/index.php/somethingelse instead I want www.thesite.com/somethingelse or in other words "hide" index.php in the URL shown to the users, with the exception of course of the real index.php.

I have the latest version of Joomla with IIS.  The issue described above can be handled when Joomla is installed with Apache, just turning on the mod_rewrite option.

This is how Joomla handle part of the SEF:

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/index.php
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} (/|\.php|\.html|\.htm|\.feed|\.pdf|\.raw|/[^.]*)$  [NC]
RewriteRule (.*) index.php
RewriteRule .* - [E=HTTP_AUTHORIZATION:%{HTTP:Authorization},L]

Well, my question is, if it's feasible to have a rule in IIRF to handle the Apache's approach. I'm not an expert or a regex guru, so it would be nice to know if it's possible, where do I have to make the changes.

Thanks.
Regards.

Coordinator
Aug 2, 2008 at 1:27 PM
Edited Aug 2, 2008 at 1:28 PM

Yes, it is feasible. Try this?

# The "do nothing" rule.
# This rule says, if it starts with index.php, do nothing.
RewriteRule ^/index\.php((/.+)|())$ - [L]

# For any other URL that begins with a file or script containing anything other than index.php, 
# Rewrite to index.php. In this case, set the HTTP_X_REWRITE_URL to the original URL, so that index.php can examine it. 
# Drop all query strings when using this rule.
RewriteCond $1  ^[^\.]+\.(php|html|htm|feed|pdf|raw|[^\.]+)  [I]
RewriteRule ^/(?!index\.php)(.*)$   /index.php  [U,L]

# For any other URL, rewrite and prepend index.php to it.
RewriteRule ^(/.+)$   /index.php$1    [L]

I don't know about that HTTP_AUTHORIZATION stuff. I don't know what that is doing.

I don't know if this is what you want. It satisfies what you wrote above ("www.server.com/something gets rewritten to www.server.com/index.php/something") but there are plenty of edge cases that you didn't specify. I don't know anything about joomla, so I don't know if what I gave you above is what you need. It's a start. You'll have to play with it.

Aug 2, 2008 at 8:35 PM
Thank you for the feedback.

The rules you specify, should completely replace the other rules? or should be added @ the end? (I tried both cases without success - Error 404).
I'm sorry if I'm asking too basic questions but as I told you, I'm not an regex guru.

When you say rewriten, you mean internally, don't you? It satisfies what you wrote above ("www.server.com/something gets rewritten to www.server.com/index.php/something")
Because what I have now is: www.server.com/index.php/products and what I want to show is www.server.com/products

Thansk again.

Best Regards.

Coordinator
Aug 4, 2008 at 5:00 PM

I'm sorry, I'm not able to understand what you want and what you are expecting. Maybe we can take a fresh start.
Some things we must agree upon:

• REWRITE means, the URL as entered at the browser, gets sent to the server, where it is modified on the server side, and mapped to a server resource or application (eg,  "a web page").  That server resource may  be completely different from the resource that seems to be indicated by the URL used by the browser and seen in the browser address bar.  The browser is never aware of such rewrite activity.
  • REDIRECT means, the URL as entered at the browser, gets sent to the server; the server then sends back a HTTP 301 or 302 code, telling the browser to request a different resource. At this point the browser is actively involved in the modification. Typically the browser will replace the address in the address bar with the new URL, the target of the redirection. Then the browser will submit a request to the new URL.

A metaphor may help.  You have a physical mailing address.  Suppose you move to a new house.  The post office can do one of two things - it can forward your mail directly to your new house.  In this case the sender of the mail is not aware that you have moved.  The sender just keeps sending mail, and it arrives at your new house, because the postal service is intermediating on your behalf and forwarding your mail.  The second thing the postal service can do is advise the parties sending mail to you that you have moved, and that they should use the new address.  The first is like a URL Rewrite, the second action is like a URL Redirect.

IIRF can REDIRECT or REWRITE requests, or both.

Let me say that the analogy above doesn't hold very far.  In the postal service scenario, the main reason you'd want to have your mail forwarded (=~ REWRITE) is because you really have moved, physically, and you want the parcels to come to your new house.  In the case of the URL Rewrite, there are many motivations, and only one of them, and arguably it is not the mainstream motivation, is that the application has actually migrated (For example an app that originally was written in ASP is now written in PHP).  The most common motivation, I would guess, is search-engine optimization, where the URLs are simpler and friendlier for search engines.  

You wrote:

Because what I have now is: www.server.com/index.php/products and what I want to show is www.server.com/products

I don't know what you mean by "what I have now" and "what I want to show." If you are talking about what you want to show in a browser address bar, then you probably need a REDIRECT. 

If this is not what you mean, you are going to have to explain in more detail what you want to do, using precise terms instead of saying "What I want to show..."  Show where?  when?  etc.  I'm not trying to be pedantic (it comes naturally).  No seriously, it's just that without being clear on what you want, I cannot help you.

------

As for your original question,  "The rules you specify, should completely replace the other rules? "  I think they would replace the other rules.

You've said you got a 404 error.  I think that may indicate a basic lack of understanding of what's going on, which is why I provided all the above context.

Any time you get a 404 error while using IIRF, you should be able to see in the logfile how the URL was rewritten.  That should very quickly tell you why there is a 404, and what you should do to correct it. 

Aug 5, 2008 at 12:43 AM
Thks for your clear explanation.

Ok, when I say "what I have now" and "what I want to show", I'm referring to the URL @ the browser address bar.

I'm using a Content Management System (Joomla) that originally shows URL @ the browser address bar like this:
http://server.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=section&layout=blog&id=3&Itemid=4

When I use the rules posted in my first question,  something like this http://server.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=section&layout=blog&id=3&Itemid=4 becomes something more friendly, like this
http://www.server.com/index.php/products. (At the browser address bar). Now I want even something more friendly and clear like http://www.server.com/products

Joomla has an option (use Apache mod_rewrite) that when it's enabled, (with Apache as a Web Server of course) can handle the URL at the browser address as shown above.

So http://www.server.com/index.php/products/watches becomes http://www.server.com/products/watches, http://www.server.com/index.php/faq/ becomes http://www.server.com/faq  and http://www.server.com/index.php still remain http://www.server.com/index.php

My question is, if IIRF can handle the Apache mod_rewrite, as Joomla does.

I'm trying to use more examples rather than technical concepts about a field where I'm not an expert.

The directory where I configure the IsapiRewrite4.ini to create the iirfLog.out is empty (The Directory does exist, there are correct permissions, and there are not errors about the Isapi filter in the event viewer)

I appreciate your patience, and I hope my explanation straighten the situation out.

Regards.
Coordinator
Aug 5, 2008 at 5:44 PM

Yes, very clear.

ok, well it sounds like IIRF is not installed properly. 

The first thing you need to do is get it installed.  You can do it on a machine that has no joomla.  Obviously, eventually IIRF and Joomla need to run on the same machine,  but right now you are troubleshooting an installation issue, not a "are my rules correct?"  issue. 

First thing I advise you do:  recheck your ini file to see that it is properly formatted.
You need 2 things in the ini file in order to get a proper log file:  you need a  RewriteLogLevel statement and a RewriteLogFile statement.  The log level should be greater than 0.  For troubleshooting, I would suggest level 3 or 4.

Sometimes it is hard to debug in the context of an ISAPI filter.  So there is a TestParse.exe utility that can parse your ini file and show you any warnings that occurred. This can happen because of bad format, misspellings, typos, or what have you.

Try out the TestParse.exe on your ini file.  you run it from the command line.
It should be in the binary release of IIRF.

Next thing - verify that IIRF is properly installed and running.  in order to get the filter to load in IIS, you need to run at least one URL through it.  So... re-read the readme file, re-install IIRF, and then run a URL through to the server.  Then check for the existence of the logfile once again. 

After you get IIRF properly installed, setting up the rules will be easy. 

Aug 6, 2008 at 6:20 AM
Hello,

The filter is properly installed, I had a trouble with the log directory, now the filter can succsesfully create it, and provide clues.
I follow your instrucctions and use a RewiteLogLevel of 4, the log is pretty big.

1. Can I send you the log file & the ini file instead of posting it here? 
  2. It seems to me like records are added at the end of the log, so it's possible for the filter to create a new log if I delete the logfile? or exist a best practice to re-create it?

Once again thank you, your advice of using TestParse came in handy to find out the problem with the creation of the logfile.

Best Regards.

Coordinator
Aug 8, 2008 at 3:00 AM
YES, the log file will be created if it does not exist.
You can delete the old log file if there is nothing you want there.

On the other hand, every time you restart IIS, you will get a new log file.  You *should* get a new log file.  So, all you need to do is restart IIS, and then run a url request through the engine, then POST here the contents of the latest logfile.  To figure the most recent logfile, view the directory in Explorer, click on "Date modified" or whatever the header is, and the most recent log file will go to the top of the list.  It will contain the log messages for the one request you ran through.

Aug 8, 2008 at 6:14 AM

I have the new log file, however when I tried to posted here I received a message of  "message to long"

Can I send you the file and post here the IsapiRewrite4.ini file I used?

Thank you.

Coordinator
Aug 8, 2008 at 11:06 PM
yes, you can send both files to  dpchiesa $ hotmail * com
Aug 9, 2008 at 3:01 AM
Y sent them to that mail.

Thank you.

Regards.
Coordinator
Aug 12, 2008 at 9:29 PM
I replied in regular mail on this.
Aug 15, 2008 at 10:49 PM
I also sent you information in regular mail.

I would like to restructure my question, may be now you can understand my request.
  1. I'm using Joomla that has 2 options to handle SEF (Search Engine Frendly URL), the first one is able to transform something like this  http://server.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=section&layout=blog&id=3&Itemid=4 in something like this: http://www.server.com/index.php/products. (at the browser address bar). It's suppose that this option can't work with IIS unless you have an ISAPI filter, however I have tested it and it's working ok.
  2. The second option is called "Use Apache mod_rewrite" . When this option is enable, a user that navigates within the website and select for example a link to products or FAQ, can see at the browser address bar URLs like this http://www.server.com/products, http://www.server.com/faq.  (the index.php is not shown at the browser address bar). This is transparently done when Joomla is installed with Apache.
  3. If I enable "Use Apache mod_rewrite" using IIS (I'm aware that this won't work) the URLs are still shown to the user at the browser address bar like http://www.server.com/products, http://www.server.com/faq but the browser reports a 404 error. If the user "insert at the browser address bar - index.php - http://www.server.com/index.php/products" then he/she can see again the content.
  4. My goal is to output and shown clean URLs to users at the browser address bar.
  5. I would like to know if it's feasible to emulate "Use Apache mod_rewrite", If it's feasible what rules I should include in Isapi.ini file. I'm not shure if I need a Redirect (since I had a 404 error explained in point 3) or a Rewrite.
Thanks for your patience and feedback.
Aug 20, 2008 at 3:10 AM
I had to read a couple of night but finally I reached my goal with the following rules.

RewriteCond %{HTTP_URL} (/|\.php|\.html|\.htm|\.feed|\.pdf|\.raw|/[^.]*)$
RewriteRule ^/(?!index\.php)(.*)$   /index.php/$1  [U,L]

Best Regards.
Nov 26, 2008 at 6:52 AM
I am too facing exactly same problem. I used the above configuration in ini file, but still no avail.
It consistently shows 404 errors.
Is there anything else needs to be configured in IIS? Please help.

Regards
Nov 28, 2008 at 12:08 AM
Your ini file must have the same name that the dll file (IsapiRewrite4.dll - IsapiRewrite4.ini)

Use IIS Manager to go to your site, and replace Index.php (with capital letter) with index.php in Documents Option.

I sent you more information to your e-mail.

Regards.
Nov 28, 2008 at 3:16 AM
@frmusr
Thank you for your prompt response. Well I had done everything correct except the coding of IsapiRewrite4.ini file.
I was lazy to learn the syntax of coding it myself, so copied a number of combination from different sources
available online, but to no avail.

Finally I found a correct configuration that worked on my combination,
(thanks to the thread I found here http://www.codeplex.com/IIRF/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=32615)
My configuration is this - IIS 6 + Joomla 1.0 + CB 1.1
I am giving it here in case it is useful for others who might stumble into smae problem.
Below is the config for standard Joomla 1.0 SEF (not sh404SEF)

#=========================================================================
#This is final version of IIRF ini for standard SEF in Joomla!

RewriteLogLevel 2 #Make it 0 in to turn debugging off
RewriteLog G:\IIRFLog\IIRfLogfile #Write the absolute path of your file here 

MaxMatchCount 10

RewriteCond %{HTTP_URL} (/|\.htm|\.php|\.html|/[^.]*)$  

RewriteRule ^/$ /index.php
RewriteRule ^/content/([^/]+)/([^/]+)/([^/]+)/([^/]+)/([^/]+)/ /index.php?option=com_content&task=$1&id=$2&Itemid=$3&limit=$4&limitstart=$5
RewriteRule ^/content/([^/]+)/([^/]+)/([^/]+)/ /index.php?option=com_content&task=$1&id=$2&Itemid=$3
RewriteRule ^/component/option,([^/]+)/([^/]+),([^/]+)/([^/]+),([^/]+)/([^/]+),([^/]+) /index.php?option=$1&$2=$3&$4=$5&$6=$7
RewriteRule ^/component/option,([^/]+)/([^/]+),([^/]+)/ /index.php?option=$1&$2=$3

#===========================================================================================

Below is the config for standard Joomla with sh404SEF
#===========================================================================================
RewriteLogLevel 2
RewriteLog C:\IIRFLog\IIRfLog

MaxMatchCount 10

RewriteCond %{HTTP_URL} (/|\.htm|\.php|\.html|/[^.]*)$  
RewriteRule (.*) /index.php [U,L]

I deleted .htacess as its NOT at all required. The  IsapiRewrite4.ini takes the roll of it.
So if someone is using Ionics Rewrite Filter on IIS JUST DELETE THE .htaccess FILE.

Please visit my site to see it in action - http://www.indianexpats.org
If someone need help please PM me, I am still not an expert but for setting this up on IIS I can offer some help.
Regards

Coordinator
Nov 30, 2008 at 7:20 PM
Ryogi, which ini file is the one you use?
you have included two of them.

Which is the one you are using successfully?  or are you using both?

I'm not clear on the distinction you make between "the config for standard Joomla with sh404SEF" and "the final version of IIRF ini for standard SEF in Joomla!"

Can you clarify?
Dec 1, 2008 at 1:15 AM
Chesso, Sorry if my post caused any confusion. I shall try to explain it in a better way.

The first configuration I mentioned is for using SEF function which is built in Joomla 1.0. (And sh404SEF is NOT installed)
Configuration : site >> Global Configuration >> SEO

The second configuration is applicable where sh404SEF is installed (and set to use .htaccess in advanced settings).
Configuration: Components >> click for advance mode >> sh404SEF Configuration >> Main Tab >> Enabled:Yes >>
Advanced tab >> Rewriting mode:With .htaccess (mod_rewrite)
(Please note that when using sh404SEF the default SEF component must be enabled)

In my experience the two scenarios need different configurations as mentioned above.

Please let me know if there are any more doubts.

PS: Chesso, many people find it practically difficult to configure .ini file despite reading this forum and help.
How abt offering a paid service to configure it for them. The component and forum will still be Open source and free.
But sometimes a user may not want to spend a lot of time to learn this as once configured they hardly need to look back.

Coordinator
Dec 1, 2008 at 3:29 AM
About the paid service - Yes, that sounds like a very good idea. The problem is, I have a day job.  I cannot really make another job of this.  But I agree it is an interesting opportunity.

About the Joomla/SEF configuration - thanks for the clarification.  I'm going to post this on a page up front. 
Thanks again Ryogi.

Dec 1, 2008 at 4:23 AM
Chesso

Can you email me at - mail.ryogi [at] gmail.com

I shall prepare a plan on paid service, may be a separate domain. As far as installation service is concerned may be I can handle it. You will have to support with ini configuration.(I m still lazy to learn it!). We can offer a set of standard and customized ini files and charge for them accordingly.

Regards

Nov 3, 2009 at 3:13 PM
Edited Nov 3, 2009 at 3:15 PM

Hi,

I'm on IIS v6.0 - Win2k3. Joomla 1.5.14 installed in root of wwwroot folder. PHP 5.2.10.10. IIRF (IonicIsapiRewriter-1.2.16-bin.zip)

I have followed instructions from http://cheeso.members.winisp.net/IirfHelp/frames.htm. - I placed IsapiRewrite4.dll and ini in C:\WINDOWS\system32\inetsrv\IIRF.

I used config as below (from this thread):

#=========================================================================
#This is final version of IIRF ini for standard SEF in Joomla!

RewriteLogLevel 4
RewriteLog c:\IIRFlog

MaxMatchCount 10

RewriteCond %{HTTP_URL} (/|\.htm|\.php|\.html|/[^.]*)$ amp;nbsp;

RewriteRule ^/$ /index.php
RewriteRule ^/content/([^/]+)/([^/]+)/([^/]+)/([^/]+)/([^/]+)/ /index.php?option=com_content&task=$1&id=$2&Itemid=$3&limit=$4&limitstart=$5
RewriteRule ^/content/([^/]+)/([^/]+)/([^/]+)/ /index.php?option=com_content&task=$1&id=$2&Itemid=$3
RewriteRule ^/component/option,([^/]+)/([^/]+),([^/]+)/([^/]+),([^/]+)/([^/]+),([^/]+) /index.php?option=$1&$2=$3&$4=$5&$6=$7
RewriteRule ^/component/option,([^/]+)/([^/]+),([^/]+)/ /index.php?option=$1&$2=$3

After enabling SEF in joomla, URLs are now in format as follows: http://testmarketing/index.php/partners

(Without SEF enabled, link would look as follows: http://testmarketing/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=13&Itemid=14)

Unfortunately instead of website I'm getting "No input file specified.".

Below is the output from the log file:

--------------------------------------------
Tue Nov 03 16:04:39 -  3660 - New LogFile opened.
Tue Nov 03 16:04:39 -  3660 - ReadConfig: new log file name: 'c:\IIRFLog\IIRfLogfile.1948.log'
Tue Nov 03 16:04:39 -  3660 - ReadConfig: line 11: MaxMatchCount 10
Tue Nov 03 16:04:39 -  3660 - ReadConfig: line  13: RewriteCond %{HTTP_URL}                                    (/|\.htm|\.php|\.html|/[^.]*)$            
Tue Nov 03 16:04:39 -  3660 - ReadConfig: line  14: RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME}                            !-f                                       
Tue Nov 03 16:04:39 -  3660 - ReadConfig: line  15: RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME}                            !-d                                       
Tue Nov 03 16:04:39 -  3660 - ReadConfig: line  16: RewriteRule (rule 1)  '^/

I'm pretty new to this topic, but I have read several instructions both from here and from joomla forum. Please advise where is the problem?

'/index.php'   (null)
Tue Nov 03 16:04:39 -  3660 - ReadConfig: line  18: RewriteRule (rule 2)  '^/content/([^/]+)/([^/]+)/([^/]+)/([^/]+)/([^/]+)/'  '/index.php?option=com_content&task=$1&id=$2&Itemid=$3&limit=$4&limitstart=$5'   (null)
Tue Nov 03 16:04:39 -  3660 - ReadConfig: line  19: RewriteRule (rule 3)  '^/content/([^/]+)/([^/]+)/([^/]+)/'  '/index.php?option=com_content&task=$1&id=$2&Itemid=$3'   (null)
Tue Nov 03 16:04:39 -  3660 - ReadConfig: line  20: RewriteRule (rule 4)  '^/component/option,([^/]+)/([^/]+),([^/]+)/([^/]+),([^/]+)/([^/]+),([^/]+)'  '/index.php?option=$1&$2=$3&$4=$5&$6=$7'   (null)
Tue Nov 03 16:04:39 -  3660 - ReadConfig: line  21: RewriteRule (rule 5)  '^/component/option,([^/]+)/([^/]+),([^/]+)/'  '/index.php?option=$1&$2=$3'   (null)
Tue Nov 03 16:04:39 -  3660 - ReadConfig: Done reading, found 5 rules (0 errors, 0 warnings) on 24 lines
Tue Nov 03 16:04:39 -  3660 - Initialize: Ionic ISAPI Rewriting Filter (IIRF) v1.2.16 R8
Tue Nov 03 16:04:39 -  3660 - Initialize: config file 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\inetsrv\IIRF\IsapiRewrite4.ini'
Tue Nov 03 16:04:39 -  3660 - Initialize: File watcher thread created.
Tue Nov 03 16:04:39 -  3660 - GetFilterVersion
Tue Nov 03 16:04:39 -  1264 - FileChangeWatcher(): Enter
Tue Nov 03 16:04:39 -  1264 - FileChangeWatcher: Await()...
Tue Nov 03 16:04:39 -  3660 - HttpFilterProc: SF_NOTIFY_URL_MAP
Tue Nov 03 16:04:39 -  3660 - HttpFilterProc: SF_NOTIFY_AUTH_COMPLETE
Tue Nov 03 16:04:39 -  3660 - DoRewrites
Tue Nov 03 16:04:39 -  3660 - GetHeader_AutoFree: 'url' = '/index.php/partners'
Tue Nov 03 16:04:39 -  3660 - GetHeader_AutoFree: 'method' = 'GET'
Tue Nov 03 16:04:39 -  3660 - DoRewrites: Url: '/index.php/partners'
Tue Nov 03 16:04:39 -  3660 - EvaluateRules: depth=0
Tue Nov 03 16:04:39 -  3660 - EvaluateRules: Rule 1 : -1 (No match)
Tue Nov 03 16:04:39 -  3660 - EvaluateRules: Rule 2 : -1 (No match)
Tue Nov 03 16:04:39 -  3660 - EvaluateRules: Rule 3 : -1 (No match)
Tue Nov 03 16:04:39 -  3660 - EvaluateRules: Rule 4 : -1 (No match)
Tue Nov 03 16:04:39 -  3660 - EvaluateRules: Rule 5 : -1 (No match)
Tue Nov 03 16:04:39 -  3660 - EvaluateRules: returning 0
Tue Nov 03 16:04:39 -  3660 - DoRewrites: No Rewrite

Tue Nov 03 16:04:39 -  3660 - New LogFile opened.

Tue Nov 03 16:04:39 -  3660 - ReadConfig: new log file name: 'c:\IIRFLog\IIRfLogfile.1948.log'

Tue Nov 03 16:04:39 -  3660 - ReadConfig: line 11: MaxMatchCount 10

Tue Nov 03 16:04:39 -  3660 - ReadConfig: line  13: RewriteCond %{HTTP_URL}                                    (/|\.htm|\.php|\.html|/[^.]*)$            

Tue Nov 03 16:04:39 -  3660 - ReadConfig: line  14: RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME}                            !-f                                       

Tue Nov 03 16:04:39 -  3660 - ReadConfig: line  15: RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME}                            !-d                                       

Tue Nov 03 16:04:39 -  3660 - ReadConfig: line  16: RewriteRule (rule 1)  '^/$'  '/index.php'   (null)

Tue Nov 03 16:04:39 -  3660 - ReadConfig: line  18: RewriteRule (rule 2)  '^/content/([^/]+)/([^/]+)/([^/]+)/([^/]+)/([^/]+)/'  '/index.php?option=com_content&task=$1&id=$2&Itemid=$3&limit=$4&limitstart=$5'   (null)

Tue Nov 03 16:04:39 -  3660 - ReadConfig: line  19: RewriteRule (rule 3)  '^/content/([^/]+)/([^/]+)/([^/]+)/'  '/index.php?option=com_content&task=$1&id=$2&Itemid=$3'   (null)

Tue Nov 03 16:04:39 -  3660 - ReadConfig: line  20: RewriteRule (rule 4)  '^/component/option,([^/]+)/([^/]+),([^/]+)/([^/]+),([^/]+)/([^/]+),([^/]+)'  '/index.php?option=$1&$2=$3&$4=$5&$6=$7'   (null)

Tue Nov 03 16:04:39 -  3660 - ReadConfig: line  21: RewriteRule (rule 5)  '^/component/option,([^/]+)/([^/]+),([^/]+)/'  '/index.php?option=$1&$2=$3'   (null)

Tue Nov 03 16:04:39 -  3660 - ReadConfig: Done reading, found 5 rules (0 errors, 0 warnings) on 24 lines

Tue Nov 03 16:04:39 -  3660 - Initialize: Ionic ISAPI Rewriting Filter (IIRF) v1.2.16 R8

Tue Nov 03 16:04:39 -  3660 - Initialize: config file 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\inetsrv\IIRF\IsapiRewrite4.ini'

Tue Nov 03 16:04:39 -  3660 - Initialize: File watcher thread created.

Tue Nov 03 16:04:39 -  3660 - GetFilterVersion

Tue Nov 03 16:04:39 -  1264 - FileChangeWatcher(): Enter

Tue Nov 03 16:04:39 -  1264 - FileChangeWatcher: Await()...

Tue Nov 03 16:04:39 -  3660 - HttpFilterProc: SF_NOTIFY_AUTH_COMPLETE

Tue Nov 03 16:04:39 -  3660 - DoRewrites

Tue Nov 03 16:04:39 -  3660 - GetHeader_AutoFree: 'url' = '/index.php/partners'

Tue Nov 03 16:04:39 -  3660 - GetHeader_AutoFree: 'method' = 'GET'

Tue Nov 03 16:04:39 -  3660 - DoRewrites: Url: '/index.php/partners'

Tue Nov 03 16:04:39 -  3660 - EvaluateRules: depth=0

Tue Nov 03 16:04:39 -  3660 - EvaluateRules: Rule 1 : -1 (No match)

Tue Nov 03 16:04:39 -  3660 - EvaluateRules: Rule 2 : -1 (No match)

Tue Nov 03 16:04:39 -  3660 - EvaluateRules: Rule 3 : -1 (No match)

Tue Nov 03 16:04:39 -  3660 - EvaluateRules: Rule 4 : -1 (No match)

Tue Nov 03 16:04:39 -  3660 - EvaluateRules: Rule 5 : -1 (No match)

Tue Nov 03 16:04:39 -  3660 - EvaluateRules: returning 0

Tue Nov 03 16:04:39 -  3660 - DoRewrites: No Rewrite

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm pretty new to this topic, but I have read several instructions both from here and from joomla forum. Please advise where is the problem?

Coordinator
Nov 4, 2009 at 8:58 AM
Edited Nov 4, 2009 at 8:58 AM

open a new thread please.

This one is 11 months old.  your problem appears to be completely unrelated.

open a new thread and I will respond there.

Nov 4, 2009 at 10:57 AM
Edited Nov 4, 2009 at 10:58 AM

Thanks Cheeso, new thread created: http://iirf.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=74019