ProcessMaker Apache mod_rewrite replication

Sep 2, 2008 at 9:06 PM
Hi

I am trying to setup a php based application (processmaker). It relies on apache for url rewriting. In order to avoid having to install apache I am trying this tool to verify if it will work for me (looks great and I am holding thumbs). i know very little about the syntax requirements and am trying to translate what is in the .htaccess file to my ini file. I have installed everything correctly (assumed because it is writing to the log file and parsing the rule). Anyway the .htaccess file looks like this:
----------------------------------------------------------------
RewriteEngine on
#RewriteRule !\.(js|ico|gif|jpg|png|css)$ sysGeneric.php [NC,L]
RewriteRule ^.*/(.*)$ sysGeneric.php [NC,L]

So from what I see there is one rule. I have then tried to replicate that rul in my ini file, which looks like this:

RewriteLog  c:\windows\temp\iirfLog.out
RewriteLogLevel 3

MaxMatchCount 10

RewriteRule ^.*/(.*)$ sysGeneric.php [I,L]
-----------------------------------------------------------------

i would appreciate it if someone could guide me in the right direction as to my translation - thanks
Andrew

Coordinator
Sep 3, 2008 at 7:46 PM
It looks right to me.The rule you have there is the correct conversion of the rule from the .htaccess.  

BUT,  I don't know processmaker, and I am not sure that the rule will do what you want.

It looks to me like the incoming URL content is just obliterated, and all URLs are rewritten to the same output URL  - sysGeneric.php.  Now, what exactly does this sysGeneric.php page do? 

I suppose it would want to deliver some output, based on the URL given as input.  But how does it know what the input was? 

It could be that there is a side-effect of mod_rewrite which sysGeneric.php is depending on, for example setting a server variable where sysGeneric.php can find the original URL request.

If this is the case you may need to set a header or modify sysGeneric.php to do something differently.
Sep 3, 2008 at 9:17 PM
thanks - it is what i feared! I will investigate sysgeneric and consult with the developers of processmaker.

Andrew