Hi,

I 've a little Problem,
so i got a Page
index.php?page=geit&hashcode=12jkdf34123
Now i wanne rewrite,
easly
RewriteRule ^/([^/]+)/$  /index.php?page=$1
but I dont wanne loose the Hash code...

is there a possibility to hide this varible?

Coordinator
Oct 8, 2008 at 4:05 PM
sorry, I have no idea what you want.
Advice: check the readme, again.  Make sure you understand the before and after picture.
Run the testdriver.exe tool (the v1.2.15 version was just updated to include support for "before and after" comparisons).
By playing with it, you'll figure it out.
Oct 15, 2008 at 10:04 AM
Hi,

I think the subjekt I mean is very Simple.
So, I wanne send Variables - like an Hash-Code - not over URL or POST (or other Request or Session Variables), I wanne send it with URL rewrite, an I wanne ask if this is possible to send this variable hidden - unseeable for the user :).
Because I remember there was an solution on Apache... but I dont know where i find it...
so maybe i find another way, but if it would be possible it would be a great security plus...
Coordinator
Oct 16, 2008 at 5:33 AM
I'm sorry I'm having trouble understanding what you want.
maybe some examples would help illustrate.

Oct 22, 2008 at 1:46 PM
Edited Oct 22, 2008 at 1:47 PM
I think what he is asking is:

Is there a way to send variables from on page to another via IIRF? Meaning how do I pass "hashcode=12jkdf34123" to index.php without using a link like index.php?page=geit&hashcode=12jkdf34123. As he does NOT want the user to see this.

You know how PHP passes the session ID from page to page without putting it in the URL. He says there was a way he did this in Apache (but can't recall how), and wants to know if IIRF is a solution to hide variables from page to page.

Personally, it sounds like he should be using Sessions to ease his troubles. But I guess this hash code is TOO top secret for that ;)
Coordinator
Dec 1, 2008 at 4:15 AM
There is a RewriteHeader directive in IIRF v1.2.15 that allows you to set an incoming header on the request.  This would allow you to pass arbitrary data to the php page, from IIRF, based on the incoming URL.  The PHP must be modified to read the appropriate request header.  Check the readme for all the details.