Having trouble configuring IIRF 2.1 with IIS7

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Dec 10, 2014 at 7:55 PM
Edited Dec 10, 2014 at 10:29 PM
I have extracted the IIRF.dll to C:\Windows\System32\inetsrv\IIRF
I also granted Read & Execute permissions to that folder for DefaultAppPool and webreporting401 (Both of them are App Pools).
I also granted Read & Execute permissions to IIRF.dll and IirfGlobal.ini within the folder specified above.

The web application I am testing is called 'webreporting' and is underneath 'Default Web Site' within IIS. webreporting is setup to use the webreporting401 Application Pool and Default Web Site is setup to use DefaultAppPool. So I granted permission to both for testing.

Within the root of webreporting web application I created a file called IIRF.ini. Since I am learning the configuration scripts, I copied the ini file contents from the Blacklist-On-UserAgent.ini, except changed Java to Mozilla in order to try to return a 410 response for any request with a HTTP_USER_AGENT that contains Mozilla (Kind of a catch all to ensure it is being triggered.)

Further I changed the RewriteLog location to C:\IIRF\ and I granted full Read, write & execute permissions to that folder to both DefaultAppPool and webreporting401.

Finally, I also added an entry under ISAPI Filters for Default Web Site called 'IIRF' pointing to the IIRF.dll within C:\windows\System32\inetsrv\IIRF\ with an Entry Type of Local as well as added that ISAPI filter as an Allowed extension underneath ISAPI and CGI Restrictions.

When I navigate to a test page called test.aspx, which has a single label and a page_load event that sets that label to the user_agent, I do not get a 410 response and instead get the requested page showing the user agent. Further the log directory is empty. I see no entries in the event viewer. It seems as if the IIRF isapi filter is not being hit at all or I have messed up the security setting somewhere.

**I am testing this on a 2008 Server with IIS7. I have tried both Integrated and Classic managed pipelines for the AppPool. .Net Frame work V4.0

If anyone can point out what I may have missed from the above steps that would be wonderful.

My co-worker helped me figure this out. Because the system is a 64 bit system I had downloaded the 64 bit version, but the application itself is a 32 bit application. When I changed it to the 32 bit version of IIRF everything worked.