Worth upgrading IIRF version?

Topics: User Forum
Sep 11, 2009 at 10:31 AM

Hi,

I'm currently using V. 1.2.16 quite happily on a few sites and was wondering if you thought it was worthwhile upgrading to the Beta version?

What are the benefits and how difficult are the sites to switch over?

Thanks, great tool you've developed here. I will take a more in-depth look at the documentation for using the Beta version, but was interested on your take on it. Are you of the "if it aint broke, don't fix it" opinion?

Coordinator
Sep 11, 2009 at 11:42 AM

V2.0 gets some new features.  Most notably,

• ProxyPass - a reverse proxy
  • multi-site config

Beyond that, they are mostly the same, although... going forward, new features will go into the v2.0 version.

Sep 14, 2009 at 3:35 PM

Thanks for the response. What is the easiest way of migrating sites from 1.2.x to 2.0? And what issues, if any am I likely to come up against?

I'm keen to move them all over to 2.0 to make sure I stay on top of the development side of things.

Is it simply a case of adding the new filter, applying it to All Sites, then adding in each site's .ini file? Oh, and then removing the ISAPI filter from that site?

Any instructions on this prior to me mucking up live sites would be great.

Thanks again.

Coordinator
Sep 14, 2009 at 6:28 PM

That's pretty much the way it goes.

The name of the INI file changes in v2.0.  Also there's a global ini file that applies to all sites.  It supports only a few directives, which apply to all sites.  This is documented in the CHM for v2.0. 

Just take your time and test, you'll be fine.