Ionics isapi problem application pool

Sep 15, 2009 at 6:01 PM

I have a Ionics isapi in my server, i have a domain ( 500000 page views all days) and i think that de Ionics isapi stop my application pool is it possible.

Thanks

Coordinator
Sep 15, 2009 at 6:43 PM

Sure, it's possible, if there is a problem in the filter.

Why do you think it was IIRF that caused the failure?

To be certain, check the Windows Event Log.  You should see an error message indicating which module caused the failure in your application pool. This will tell you for certain whether IIRF has failed.

If it is IIRF that is the problem, You will want to use IIS logs to determine which URL caused the problem for IIRF.  Or, you could turn on IIRF logging to determine the URL that caused the problem.   But turning on logging, with a site that serves 5 requests per second, will produce a fairly large logfile fairly quickly.  So if you turn on logging you need to take care about the logfile size. 

Once you determine the URL that caused the problem, send me the URL, along with the contents of your ini file. Post them here.

And I need to know the version of IIRF as well.

Sep 16, 2009 at 9:39 AM

ISAPI 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\inetsrv\asp.dll' reported itself as unhealthy for the following reason: 'ASP unhealthy due to an out of memory condition.'.

Coordinator
Sep 19, 2009 at 2:59 AM
Edited Sep 19, 2009 at 3:06 AM

I guess it's possible that IIRF is responsible for the out-of-memory error.

Any other information you can give me?

how many rules do you have in the ini file?

how often does the problem occur?

what version of Windows and IIS?

what applications do you have running?  (ASP pages) 

An out of memory condition within IIS can occur for a number of reasons.  It could be an infinite loop in an ASP page.  It could be database connections that aren't being closed.  or other objects that are not being explicitly set to Nothing in the ASP page.

Consider downloading the  IISState tool and running some IIS dumps with it, to pinpoint why the error occurred.

or you might want to do some research yourself http://www.bing.com/search?q="out+of+memory+condition"+asp.dll&FORM=QBHP