Considering IIRF for wordpress permalink rewrites

Oct 1, 2009 at 6:02 AM
Edited Oct 1, 2009 at 6:10 AM

Hello,

After spending about a month looking for programs that can rewrite my wordpress URLs to get rid of the /index.php/, I've come to this site and am considering using the IIRF filter to do this job.  For some reason, in the previous programs that I've tried to use (ISAPI filters at deanlee and binaryfortress, 404-rewrite), all I get is a blank page when I click on the rewritten URL and I don't know why.  The intended page, however, does show up when the /index.php/ is typed back into the URL.  I am hoping that maybe someone will know how to prevent this problem in IIRF to keep myself from having the headache later.  You can see the site as it is now, with the broken permalinks, here:  http://rmslusitania.info (the permalinks are in the gold bar at top, where I've hidden the text from regular site visitors)

My system is a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 machine running IIS 6, PHP 5.2.6 is installed, and the server supports PERL.  I do not have direct access to the server configuration, but it is run by my friend who has been running all these things for me to try to figure out how to get the rewrite done.  Logically, my server should support URL rewrites, but I don't know what's been going on.  Can anyone help troubleshoot this for me so that when I install IIRF that it will work on the first go?

Many thanks.

Coordinator
Oct 1, 2009 at 2:41 PM

No, no one can make sure it will work on the first go. You won't know until you try.

There have been other people who used IIRF with wordpress. I suggest you look at their guidance.

Then, try it out and see how it goes.

good luck.