Unable to read IIRF Help file

Topics: User Forum
Oct 4, 2009 at 1:23 PM
Edited Oct 4, 2009 at 1:23 PM

Oh dear. I'm trying to read the help files for IIRS it's a .chm file.

After clicking on it I can see all the topics on the left, but on the right where the information should be all I can see is:

Navigation to the webpage was canceled

Anyone know how I can actually read the help file?

Many thanks :)

Coordinator
Oct 4, 2009 at 2:53 PM

This is a FAQ.  From http://iirf.codeplex.com :

I cannot view the CHM documentation. The error is: "This program cannot display the webpage." or, "The address is invalid." Is there an error with the chm file?
No, there is no problem with the CHM file. You have likely encountered a problem with Windows protection of files downloaded from less trusted locations. To view the chm file, within Windows Explorer, right-click on the CHM file, select properties, and Unblock it (button in lower part of properties window).

Oct 4, 2009 at 5:01 PM
Excellent, that's the one!

Thanks Cheeso!

2009/10/4 Cheeso <notifications@codeplex.com>

This is a FAQ.  From http://iirf.codeplex.com :

I cannot view the CHM documentation. The error is: "This program cannot display the webpage." or, "The address is invalid." Is there an error with the chm file?
No, there is no problem with the CHM file. You have likely encountered a problem with Windows protection of files downloaded from less trusted locations. To view the chm file, within Windows Explorer, right-click on the CHM file, select properties, and Unblock it (button in lower part of properties window).

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (IIRF@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email IIRF@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

--
There's no place like 127.0.0.1

:)