Keyword reach URL

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Oct 9, 2009 at 5:43 PM
Edited Oct 10, 2009 at 7:40 AM

Hi,

I could not  find information on how to create dynamically keyword reach URLs using Ionic isapi filter. 

I want the page name/title to be also the page URL

is it possible doing this ?

Thanks,

Eyal.

Coordinator
Oct 10, 2009 at 5:36 PM

I don't know what you're talking about.

I know how IIRF works, but I don't know the term "keyword reach URLs".

If you give me some examples of how you'd like URLs to be rewritten, maybe I can help.

Oct 10, 2009 at 6:05 PM
Cheeso wrote:

I don't know what you're talking about.

I know how IIRF works, but I don't know the term "keyword reach URLs".

If you give me some examples of how you'd like URLs to be rewritten, maybe I can help.

Cheeso, Thanks for your reply,

I will try to explain: when I create a new page (using dynamic content management which I developed) I determine the page name, title, keywords, content, etc..

when clicking submit the page is created. each page get's a page Id and it's URL format is:  www.mydomain.com/page.aspx?id=x.

so when I create a new page and the page name for example is: "how to send flowers" and lets say it's page Id is 122 I want to rewrite the URL www.mydomain.com/page.aspx?id=122 to

www.mydomain.com/how-to-send-flowers.html

any idea of how doing that?

Thanks,

Eyal

Coordinator
Oct 10, 2009 at 6:20 PM

you could do it using IIRF or some other rewriting filter...  for each page you create, you would have to append a RewriteRule statement into the ini file, for example:

RewriteRule ^/how-to-send-flowers\.html  ^/page.aspx?id=122   [L]

But since you are using ASPNET, it would be easier to have a data-driven ASHX, a Handler module, that handles all .html requests.  The handler should parse the request, taking the phrase, and doing the mappnig between phrase and page id.  And then passthrough that new page as output.

That's how I would do it.