Problem getting SEO working fully

Topics: User Forum
Oct 23, 2009 at 1:12 PM

2009-10-23 06:20:30 W3SVC2 GET /content.php mc=40&sc=10&pid=272 80 - XX.XX.67.106 HTTP/1.1 Mozilla/4.0+(compatible;+MSIE+6.0;+Windows+NT+5.1;+SV1;+.NET+CLR+1.1.4322;+.NET+CLR+2.0.50727) is my SEO url  200 0 0 281548 538 30578

This is a line from the IIS W3C log.

I am using Piwik as tracking system to track visitors and visited pages.

But Piwik only shows me content.php?mc=40&sc=10&pid=123

Why is Pikiw, which uses a inline javascript inside my pages, not showing the SEO optimized url??

SEO works, but something is missing here. It seems that scriptwise, they still see the normal url instead of the rewritten one. Which is funny, as rewrite is done serverside and javascript is clientside which cannot know the original link....

Any ideas?

Oct 23, 2009 at 5:30 PM

I don't know piwik, but ... it's certainly possible for a script to send back links that refer to non-SEO URLs.   For example, a page like content.php can embed links into its output, links that refer to itself or other php pages, with query params.  This is very common.

URL Rewriting deals with incoming requests.  It does not change what gets sent to clients (browsers).

Oct 27, 2009 at 3:29 PM

Ok, I understand that, but all my pages and links in HTML are SEO optimized.

The links are conform the SEO-optimized (my IIRF.ini) standard which is rewritten to the original link server-side, then it actually should be seen by the client-side javascript as that particular SEO-link. There is no reference to the rewritten one.

So where to check next?

I use version 2.0 btw...

Oct 27, 2009 at 8:57 PM

I don't know. I don't understand what Pikiw is, or how it works, or where it gets the URLs it is showing you.

If I were you I would check the URL request logs (IIS logs) the IIRF logs, and maybe a trace from Fiddler.  At some point you should see the URLs that Pikiw is finding...  If I knew more about Pikiw I might be able to make better suggestions.

Oct 27, 2009 at 10:00 PM

Thanks for that info. I will digg in deeper and try to solve it. Will post also at to get some info there as well.

Once found a solution, will come back on it!