Where on earth is IIRF.ini or IIRFGlobal.ini?

Topics: User Forum
Nov 5, 2009 at 9:01 PM

Hi

I downloaded IIRF today and have searched the package high and low for IIRFGlobal.ini, it simply isn't there?!

Does anyone know where I can get it from?

Thanks,

Rudi

Coordinator
Nov 5, 2009 at 9:04 PM

yes:  you write them yourself.

they are configuration files.  It is where you specify how you want the filter to work.

There are lots of examples in the doc. 

Nov 5, 2009 at 9:07 PM

Ah!

Sorry for being retarded, I assumed IirfGlobal.ini would come with some defaults :)

Thanks!

Coordinator
Nov 5, 2009 at 9:09 PM

Check the docs - if you don't supply iirfglobal.ini, it *does* default all the options that you could set there.

The doc is excellent reading!!

Nov 5, 2009 at 9:17 PM

Reading the docs is what confused me.

Having step 2 as "Place the settings file (IirfGlobal.ini), in the same directory as the DLL file. The filter will look for its global settings in that file. You will configure site-specific settings later, in a separate ini file. For more information see the Configuring IIRF topic." isn't exactly helpful when that file isn't provided, imo.

Coordinator
Nov 5, 2009 at 9:31 PM

ok I will change that.

Nov 5, 2009 at 9:37 PM
Edited Nov 5, 2009 at 9:43 PM

I'm definitely recommending this on my blog and to my clients, I've only just found this out after several months of searching for a reliable / free IIS6 Rewrite Filter. This is brilliant, thanks.

Coordinator
Nov 5, 2009 at 9:41 PM

>  I've only just found this out after several months of searching for a reliable / free IIS6 Rewrite Filter.

Which search engine do you use?  It's the first hit on the one I use : 

Nov 5, 2009 at 9:45 PM

I never actually searched for "Rewrite Filter", more like Rewrite Module - Always been in the presence of Linux/Apache guys at the time I've been looking for it.. IIS7's URL Rewriting does fine for me, but most of my clients arn't upgrading yet.

Coordinator
Nov 5, 2009 at 9:52 PM

I just re-read the doc pertaining to the ini files, and I agree, it's pretty badly written.  I'm fixing that now.