DllMain THREAD_DETACH fills up my log files

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Nov 9, 2009 at 7:40 PM

Hey

Thanks for a great product. It's working exactly as I want it to with one exception; my log files fill up with thread detach messages very very quickly. Can anyone help?

e.g.

Thu Nov 05 04:20:37 -  1280 - DllMain THREAD_DETACH
Thu Nov 05 04:20:37 -  6216 - DllMain THREAD_DETACH
Thu Nov 05 04:20:37 -  3460 - DllMain THREAD_DETACH
Thu Nov 05 04:20:37 -  6328 - DllMain THREAD_DETACH

Google offered no help that I could find. If you'd like to more information about my system just ask..

I've tried increasing the log level from 1 to 3 but it didn't make this error any more verbose. I admit I haven't tried level 5. I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance

Coordinator
Nov 9, 2009 at 8:30 PM

Use v2.0 - especially the latest release.  You will have fewer problems, and also there is no THREAD_DETACH message in the log, at all.

One note: increasing the log level INCREASES the number of messages you receive in the log file, it will not decrease it. In a high-volume production site you want loglevel at 0 or 1.

Nov 9, 2009 at 8:52 PM

Thanks Cheeso

Quickest response ever from a free product.

I meant to convey that I temporarily increased the log level (and amount logged) just to diagnose the problem, so yes the symptom got worse. And yes good spotting I am only on v1.2.16 R8 so I'll try 2.0.

Thanks again

Coordinator
Nov 9, 2009 at 9:06 PM

You're welcome. 

ps: the latest version of v1.2  also does not emit the THREAD_DETACH message.  So, updating to that version would also correct your problem.  But you probably want v2.0 anyway.