Seeking machine to facilitate development of IIRF for x64

Coordinator
Nov 22, 2009 at 3:19 PM
Edited Nov 22, 2009 at 3:32 PM

The number 1 requested workitem for IIRF is x64 capability.  I don't have a machine suitable to support that.

Does anyone want to donate a computer to me, so I can do the dev and test work for x64?  I'd need a machine with:  x64 processor, at least 2g RAM, and 100g HD.  Having an install of WS2008 64-bit would also be helpful, but I can get an eval copy if that isn't possible.  No monitor or keyboard necessary, just the CPU unit.  Having physical access to the machine would be ideal (you'd ship it to me).  A used machine is fine, if it is clean and in working order. 

If you have a machine you can give me remote access into, that might work, too.  I would need it indefinitely, at first to support the initial dev/test, and thereafter to support ongoing maintenance.

If you don't have a machine you can donate, but would like to assist in paying for a machine, I can collect cash donations from everyone and buy one myself.   Dell has an x64-capable entry-level server machine (T100) for $319, plus shipping, right now.   If everyone on the list chipped in $15, I could buy one myself.

Contact me here if you would like to help out with this.  

Coordinator
Nov 29, 2009 at 3:28 PM

BUMP...

Dec 2, 2009 at 9:44 PM

I have a x64 server, however it's a production server for around 10 sites, but i am desperately in need of a working x64 iirf for use with one of them, the only main problem being i have Plesk 9.2.3 installed it shouldnt be a problem, but permissions are a bit awkward, add me on msn if you want to chat about it or aim ill send you the addys in a message

Dec 15, 2009 at 3:32 AM

$5 from china, not too much-_-

thanks for your job:)

Coordinator
Dec 15, 2009 at 3:36 AM

Thank you for the generosity.