ajax.updater not work properly

Nov 26, 2009 at 8:58 AM
Edited Nov 26, 2009 at 11:04 AM

Hello,

I use prototype's class ajax.updater, this class will update the innerHTML value of any element on our page.

example :.

before using ajax.updater to update a content of the test div and replace "text" by "text2"  :

<html>
<body>
<a>link</a>
  <div id="test">text </div>
</body>
</html>

after using ajax.updater

<html>
<body>
<a>link</a>
  <div id="test"> 
<html>
<body>
<a>link</a>
  <div id="test"> text2</div>
</body>
</html>
</div>
</body>
</html>

it update the div but include all request response inner the div, what makes a dual display of each element.

Coordinator
Nov 26, 2009 at 1:52 PM

I don't know that class.  I think you may be asking the question in the wrong place.

Nov 26, 2009 at 2:59 PM

because i use iirf v2.0 , all my request spass through iirf filter and without filter it work fine.

Coordinator
Nov 26, 2009 at 3:29 PM

It's a side effect.  IIRF does not change the HTML.  Something else is changing the HTML.

Nov 26, 2009 at 3:43 PM

ok, but when i pass through iirf filter the request response is a full page code(html) (html header + innerHTML value of updated div )  and wihout iirf filter it's just what ajax.updater must do (innerHTML value of updated div).

I'm not really sure it's a side effect.

Coordinator
Nov 26, 2009 at 6:36 PM

I cannot understand your sentences.

IIRF does not change HTML. Ever.  It's not possible for IIRF to change HTML.

Thsi is why I say it is a side effect.  It is definitely not IIRF that is changing the HTML.  Something else in your system is changing it.  IF you see the problems only when IIRF is involved, then the problems you are seeing are a side effect of your use of IIRF.

I don't know ajax.updater.  I don't know why there woudl be a side effect.  That's what you need to find out.  I can't really help you with that. 

I think you're asking in the wrong place.

Nov 27, 2009 at 8:32 AM

I have tested with isapi_rewrite and it works very well. because the filter returns the correct response (just updated div and not all page like iirf) ??????

thx