IIRF v1.2.11b unresponsive after .ini modification

Topics: User Forum
Feb 27, 2007 at 1:54 AM
As per my previous post, I've noticed that IIRF will become sometimes become unresponsive after the .ini file has been modified.

What I mean by this is that it will no longer rewrite URLs nor will it notice further modifications to the .ini file. IIRF acts as though it has crashed, except there is no error in the event viewer and IIS still indicates that the filter is loaded.

Restarting a server instance within the IIS console does NOT fix the problem - only a full restart of the IIS service fixes it.

Hope this helps....

Marco
Coordinator
Feb 27, 2007 at 6:55 PM
Marco -

is this behavior repeatable? Or does it happen only "sometimes"?
Can you give me the steps to reproduce it reliably?

If I drop you a test build, can you run some tests to see if we can avoid this problem?
Thanks
-Cheeso
Feb 27, 2007 at 7:22 PM
I found it very easy to reproduce, happening more times than not. Occasionally it doesn't happen, but I wonder if it might be related to giving it sufficient time to detach threads.

I'd be more than happy to work with you to resolve this problem and see if I can determine how to reproduce it reliably. Would it be more helpful for me to do further testing with the existing version or a wait for a test build?

(You can email it to me privately if you like, but it must first be zipped.)

Marco
Coordinator
Feb 27, 2007 at 7:26 PM
Marco,
I am so glad you are willing to help out.

Try v1.2.11c, which is posted as a beta. (bin only at this time, src coming in 10 seconds)
I included in there, a mitigation when the ini file is read as 1 line.
It will delay a bit and then try to read the ini file again.

-Cheeso
Coordinator
Feb 28, 2007 at 12:22 AM
This discussion has been copied to Work Item 8538. You may wish to continue further discussion there.
Mar 2, 2007 at 2:46 PM
Did you see my response over there?

Marco
Coordinator
Mar 2, 2007 at 11:32 PM
yes, I saw your response on that work Item and I have responded myself!