Yes, I am behind the power curve

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Dec 16, 2009 at 11:22 PM

Not sure which statement is correct.

It is fast and powerful. It works on IIS 5.0, 5.1, 6.0, and 7.0.
     ~or~
Ok, What versions of Windows and IIS does IIRF work with?
Windows XP with IIS 5.1, Windows Server 2003 (including R2) with IIS6, Windows Vista SP1 with IIS7, and Windows Server 2008 with IIS7.

Here's my situation:
I have a Win2000 system running IIS 5.0, with ASP.NET.
Currently test and maintain ZenCart on local machine and FTP files to remote Apache server.
I want to add friendly URI add-on to local machine for testing, before uploading.

Problem…
Add-on requires .htaccess file and does not support Windows installation.
Hence, I would have to install to live site without pre-testing. Given potential problems of breaking site, I am reluctant to do that.

The .htaccess file contains these key lines

# Don't rewrite any URIs ending with a file extension (ending with .[xxxx])
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !\.[a-zA-Z]{2,4}$

# Don't rewrite admin directory
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/admin.* [NC]

# Handle all other URIs using program (index.php)
RewriteRule (.*) index.php?%{QUERY_STRING} [L]

Current Status:
Have needed code for .htaccess file
But, have not found appropriate substitute statements for web.config file

Downloaded IonicIsapiRewriter-2[1].0-Release-bin.zip and IIRF.dll has been added to C:\WINNT\system32\inetsrv\IIRF
But, had problems with set-up of IIRF.dll because Win2000 does not have windows shown in the documentation and some settings are not available

Looking for:
Working web.config file for the three required Rewrite lines
     ~or~
Simple plug-and-play instructions for IIRF on Win2000
   Put dll here and do this
   Put this in IIRF.ini
   Put ini file here
     ~or~
Suggestions for a third alternative

Any help is appreciated,
Thank you.

Coordinator
Dec 17, 2009 at 2:35 AM

IIRF should work on W2000, but I no longer have a W2000 machine to test on, so... you are sort of "special". 

The original doc said "IIS 5.0 (etc etc)" because I wrote it years ago, and I haven't updated that part.  The other part of the doc you cited was written later, after my last W2000 machine got turned off.

Install/config should be the same for W2000 as it is for WinXP, although I Can't remember the details now.

1. Choose a directory for the DLL.
  2. install it as an ISAPI filter.
  3. set the permissions properly for the IIS user (can't remember what this is on W2000, but it may be IUSR_machine ,  where machine is replaced with your machine name).
  4. specify the rules in the IIRF.ini file, which you should put in the doc root for the website.  Do not use web.config.  The filename is IIRF.ini.

good luck.

May 8, 2010 at 11:54 AM

@JuxiZoza
Did you manage to get Ionics Isapi working with Zen cart on IIS?

May 8, 2010 at 11:56 AM

FYI, I have Window Server 2003 and I need Ionics + Simple SEO + Zen Cart to work on IIS v6