Cannot get IIRF running on IIS6, Windows 2K3, x86 processor

Topics: Developer Forum
Jan 26, 2010 at 2:05 PM

Hello everyone,

I am attempting to install IIRF on Windows Server 2003 running IIS6. The machine is and x86 processor, yet I am running into the following 2 errors every time I try to add IIRF to my website's ISAPI Filters tab. I have followed the instructions for setting everything up to a T, including checking and double checking permissions. Has anyone had the same problem, or have any idea whats going on. Thanks very much!

Event Type:    Error
Event Source:    W3SVC-WP
Event Category:    None
Event ID:    2268
Date:        -----------
Time:        -----------
User:        N/A
Computer:    ------------
Description:
Could not load all ISAPI filters for site/service.  Therefore startup aborted.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
Data:
0000: c1 00 00 00               Á... 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Event Type:    Error
Event Source:    W3SVC-WP
Event Category:    None
Event ID:    2274
Date:        -----------
Time:        -----------
User:        N/A
Computer:    -----------
Description:
ISAPI Filter 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\inetsrv\IIRF\IIRF.dll' could not be loaded due to a configuration problem. The current configuration only supports loading images built for a x86 processor architecture. The data field contains the error number. To learn more about this issue, including how to troubleshooting this kind of processor architecture mismatch error, see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=29349.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
Data:
0000: c1 00 00 00               Á... 

Coordinator
Jan 26, 2010 at 10:50 PM
Edited Jan 26, 2010 at 10:51 PM

You may have a corrupted DLL.  To check, in Explorer, right click on the file IIRF.DLL, select properties, then click the Details tab.   tell me what it shows you.   Even better is to include a screenshot.  You should have something like this;

If it's not showing anything intelligble, you need to just re-install the IIRF binary.

Jan 26, 2010 at 11:29 PM

Cheeso,

Thanks for the quick reply. I wasn't able to find a Details tab in the properties section. It just showed General, Security, and Summary. I've included the folder screenshot below with the details showing. I do notice that my IIRF.dll is only 266 KB, while yours listed above is 774KB. Might that be the issue? 266KB is the size of my IIRF file from the latest release download.

Thanks!

Ben

Coordinator
Jan 27, 2010 at 1:02 AM
Edited Jan 27, 2010 at 1:03 AM

I'm concerned that maybe the file is corrupted.  The latest IIRF dll, RELEASE build, is 271k on my machine.  To be exact:  276992 bytes.  It is v2.1.0.8. 

I don't know what version of IIRF you have.  Normally the version of the DLL shows in the Properties dialog box within Explorer.

For v2.1.0.8, The DEBUG version of IIRF.dll is 792,576 bytes. 

If you think your IIRF.dll might be corrupted, try with the DEBUG version. or try downloading it and installing it again.